pt. twenty-five

Hyunjin

The whole car ride there was silent but not awkward. Soft music played quietly whilst we drove around the city of London.

At one point I grew some confidence and put my hand on her thigh. She was shocked at first but then got more comfortable and put her hand on mine.

My heart fluttered at the action and it was enough to make me feel weak.

I don't exactly know what this feeling I've been feeling recently is but whatever it is, I don't mind it.

The drive to the café I'm taking her to first didn't take long, I'm starving and I need some food before walking around London. I know Florence hasn't yet seen the famous areas in London so I thought I could take her.

When I stop the car on the side of the road, outside the café, we both get out and are greeted by the cold England weather. I motion for Florence to enter first, the warmth of the café instantly making me feeling better.

We choose a space to sit, by the window, and we take our coats off before scanning the menu.

"Is this all we're doing today?" I hear Florence ask and I lift my eyes off the menu to see her looking at hers.

"Nope, I just needed some food before we go to the places I want to take you." I reply and she looks up at me, the eye contact making me feel weak like always.

"Places?" she frowns with confusion.

"Mhm." I nod. "I'm taking you around London. I know you haven't seen it all yet." I smile at her and she smiles too, shaking her head.

When we eventually choose what we want to eat, we order them and eat them in a comfortable silence, just watching the world go by.

Even though this isn't a date, I feel like it is. I want it to be, but, I don't know if I'm ready to 'date'. I know Florence wouldn't hurt me but I still have to be careful and I just don't know if I'm comfortable enough yet.

Around an hour later, we finish up. Those waffles being much needed.

We jump back into Florence's car and I drive us to the first place I want to see, London Bridge. I'm hoping for us to get pictures together. We used to always take them and I've kept them all, however, we were like thirteen and fourteen.

I place my hand on her thigh again, where it should be, and she doesn't react this time but puts her hand on top of mine. I smile secretly, loving her affect she has on me.

When we get closer to the bridge, I park her car in a car park near it and then we can walk to it.

It's busy when we eventually get there and the view is amazing. I can tell Florence is mesmerised by how she can't look at one thing, she darts her eyes everywhere.

When we stop on one part of the bridge, I suddenly want to hold her hand. However, I don't know if that would be inappropriate or weird so I just admire her taking in her surroundings.

"What do you think?" I ask her and lean against the rail, my hands now in my pockets.

She turns to me with a big grin. "I love it, why haven't I been here before." she goes back to look around. I smile at her cuteness, wanting to just wrap her up in cotton wool and not let anyone hurt her.