pt. forty-five

Hyunjin

Leaning against the door frame, I watch Florence apply her mascara in amazement. I watch how her mouth parts slightly, concentration on her face.

I shamelessly drag my eyes down her body, loving the red silk body con dress she has on. It fits her dancer body perfectly and I just about refrain from taking her here and now.

We got back to England a few days ago and tonight Minho is throwing a New Year's eve party at his house. Christmas was amazing with Florence and her family and now I get to spend the new years with my friends.

Unfortunately, my mum never messaged back. I messaged her just before Florence and I went for a late night drive, telling her I miss her.

But she never replied.

It hurt, really hurt, but I don't blame her. I was the one who left so why should she have to reply to me?

I didn't tell Florence I messaged her and that she didn't reply, she was so proud of me and I didn't want to disappoint her. I've disappointed her enough in the past.

"You ready?" Florence breaks me out of my trance. I nod straightening up and taking her appearance in.

"You look fucking phenomenal, gorgeous." I walk up to her, putting my arms around her waist. She blushes at my comment but when I lean down to kiss her she backs away, making me pout.

"I have gloss on." she gives a lame excuse but I don't listen, giving her a loving kiss.

When we pull away, she lifts her thumb up to my mouth to wipe away the gloss that transferred onto my lips. I smile at the action and her cute concentration face.

"Are you guys ready to leave?" we hear Felix shout from outside Florence's bedroom and we quickly grab our things before meeting Felix and Changbin in the hallway.

Changbin has stayed over since we got back from Australia and I wouldn't be surprised if he moved in. It's refreshing seeing Felix with someone, finally doing something for himself.

After putting Kkami in his cage with some treats, the four of us leave the apartment and jump into Felix's car. Me and Florence in the backseat whilst Changbin sits in the passenger seat.

Like usual, I place my hand on Florence's thigh, like it belongs there. I feel how cold she is, disappointed by her jacket choice of a denim one.

A short drive later, we arrive at Minho's house which is decorated fully with Christmas decorations. When we enter his house, the warmth instantly greets us, contrasting with the freezing cold outside.

"Hey!" Minho sings whilst running up to us, clearly drunk. "Welcome to my humble abode!" he spreads his arms and I shake my head with a smile.

Minho instantly heads over to Felix and Changbin, directing them to living room. I look over at Florence, watching how she's looking around whilst playing with a button on her jacket.

"Everything alright?" I quickly ask her, checking if she comfortable. She looks up at me and gives me a nod with a smile.

"You can leave whenever you want to okay? Don't feel like you have to be here." I run one of my hand through her hair, kissing her temple.