pt. thirty-eight

Hyunjin

The only sounds I can hear in this extremely loud silence, after my confession, is my rapid heartbeat and heavy breathing.

She stares at me, her mouth dropped open and eyes wide, but doesn't say anything which makes me nearly faint from fear.

"What?" she whispers like she doesn't believe me.

I gulp, still breathing heavily. "I love you."

I watch her with anticipation as a tear slips out of her eye. I quickly rush over to her, sitting next to her and wiping her tears.

"No don't cry, I didn't want to upset you." I'm quick to apologise but she shakes her head.

"Say it again." she looks at me with what looks like happiness in her eyes.

"I love you." I smile and it gradually gets bigger when she starts to smile too.

"I love you too, Jinnie." she says the words I've been wanting to hear for years and I waste no time on crashing my lips with hers.

She instantly wraps her arms around my neck and I put mine around her waist. The kiss is slightly rushed but still passionate. I apply pressure with my tongue on her bottom lip and she opens her mouth, allowing me to deeply kiss her.

I know what I want now, and it's her.

I've known for years, but never faced my feelings.

Leaning back, she follows and straddles me when I'm on my back. Her knees are next to either side of my hips and my hands find hers.

Butterflies erupt in my stomach when she trails her lips to my neck, kissing the skin there. I gasp when she sucks a certain area, biting slightly not enough to hurt me but feel incredible. She lets go of the skin, definitely leaving a mark, and sits up on me, admiring her work.

"When did you learn to do that?" I bite my lip, trying to hide my smile and watch her cheeks flush red.

"I read in my spare time." she admits and I giggle, not expecting her innocent lips to do such things to me.

"Well you can definitely keep doing it." I whisper, lifting my hands up to place them on her cheeks and pull her down to me gently to kiss her.

I can feel my heart bash against my chest and I feel lightheaded from the overwhelming emotions.

Her hands find my hair and gives it a little tug which makes me groan into her mouth. However, our moment is cut short when a knock on our door scares the life out of us.

"You lovers want some ice cream and want to watch a film or do you wanna shag instead?" we hear Minho tease on the other side of the wood and Florence goes shy, burying her face in the crook of my neck.

"Yeah, we'll be down in a minute. Thanks." I reply for us and we hear his footsteps, telling us he left.

We lay on our bed, cuddling, for a minute. I hold her tight as I've missed her so much.

"I've missed you." I whisper in her ear.

She squeezes me before removing her head from my neck and giving me a small peck on my lips.

"I missed you too."

A cold breeze awakens me from my peaceful sleep and I open my eyes to be instantly greeted by the bright sunlight, escaping through the slightly opened window.

Closing my eyes again, I inhale deeply through my nose but cuddle closer to the gorgeous girl sleeping next to me. Limbs tangled together, I pull her closer by her waist and bury my face into the back of her neck.

This has been my dream for a very long time, waking up next to the girl I love who loves me back.

I'm still shocked from yesterday and I feel like I'm in a dream that I never want to wake up from.

I feel her shift in her sleep so I place a delicate kiss on the back of her neck. This seems to wake her up slightly as she turns around, to face me, and wrap her small arms around my neck. Her eyes are still closed but I can tell she's awake by the small smile that graces her lips when I peck her freckled nose.

"Good morning." I whisper and her eyes open, a smile still on her lips.

"Good morning." she says the same back and I lean in to give her a kiss but she recoils away from me.

I playfully pout as she covers her mouth. "What are you doing?" I whine like a child. "I want a kiss." I purse my lips but she shakes her head.

"Morning breath." she mumbles behind her hand but I don't listen to her and grab her hand, pulling it away from her face.

"I don't care." I say before planting my lips on hers.

Her lips don't move for a second but she eventually gives in and kisses me back. Bringing my hand up, I place it on the side of her head and stoke her cheek with my thumb.

"I love you." I tell her in between kisses and I feel her smile into the kiss.

She pulls away from me and bites her lip to hide her smile. She mirrors my actions with my hand, placing her small one on my cheek before replying. "I love you."

My heart flutters at the words and I give her one last kiss before we both decide to head downstairs for some breakfast.

Once we're downstairs, Minho looks at me from the dining table. He gives me a smirk and I blush because of what he nearly walked into last night. Florence heads into the living room where Yeji and Ryujin are but I stay in the kitchen, making us both a tea.

Jisung walks over to me, putting his empty plate in the dishwasher which is next to where I am. He looks at me whilst I'm pouring water into the two mugs and I can see his gaze lower to my neck.

"Yo." shock is evident in his voice and I look at him to see he's staring wide eyed at my neck.

Shit.

"Yo." he points at the really obvious hickey Florence gave me last night.

I can feel all the blood rush to my cheeks and I quickly cover up the spot with my hand.

"What did you get up to last night?" he smirks at my reaction, leaning on the kitchen counter. Minho soon joins us, putting his empty bowl in the dishwasher before staring at me too, waiting for an answer.

"I told Flo I love her." I timidly admit and they gasp before jumping up and down excitedly.

"Finally!" Minho whisper shouts and shakes my shoulder.

"What did she say?" Jisung questions and they both wait for my answer which I don't hesitate to give.

"She said she loves me too." I shyly smile and they soon pull me into a three way hug.

"Jinnie, I'm so proud of you." I hear Minho whisper and I squeeze him tight.

"I couldn't of done it without you, Min."