pt. twenty-seven

Florence

"Should I change the tickets?"

Felix looks up at me from where he was deep in his maths textbook. A confused frown etches on his face at my question. "What do you mean?"

I sit up on the sofa, crossing my legs, and face my brother. "Change the tickets to Australia in December." I explain myself.

Felix's mouth parts, eyes widening a little. "No, you can't do that Flo." he then shuts his textbook, placing it on the coffee table to cross his legs like me.

"Why? We need to see him, Lix. It's killing me knowing he's ill and we're not there,"

"But those tickets were for my birthday and we're going at Christmas." Felix looks disappointed by my suggestion and I sigh.

"I need to see him, Lix. What if we never will be able to again?" I whisper and he lowers his head.

We sit there in a silence for a while before he shoots his head up. "I'll pay,"

"What? Felix n-" I start, with shock, but he cuts me off.

"No, I'll pay for tickets. We can go next week when it's the half term. We can go for a few days and see if he's okay." he gives me a look like I have no choice and I sigh.

"You don't have to." guilt fills me and he grabs my hand, giving it a squeeze.

"Flo, you've done so much for me. Please, let me do this. For dad." he gives me a genuine, loving smile.

"Okay." I whisper, a smile on my face too. "Thank you,"

"No need to thank me, Grumpy." he ruffles my hair and I giggle.

"Hey, I'm back." Hyunjin walks through the door and when our eyes meet, butterflies erupt in my stomach. He locks eyes with me, giving me a wink before heading the kitchen area to grab a water bottle out of the fridge.

My face heats up but luckily Felix speaks, taking Hyunjin's attention away from me. "Hey, I'm gonna buy us tickets to see our dad... would you like to come?"

Hyunjin freezes at my brother's question, lowering his bottle from his lips and staring wide eyed at Felix. "What?" he looks very shocked and I don't blame him.

"Would you like to visit our family next week, to see how our dad's doing. I know he loves you, he'd appreciate it if you were there." Felix smiles at him, looking excited.

"I-" Hyunjin looks speechless and looks over at me for help and I give him a small nod. "O-Okay." a smile then appears on his face and Felix jumps up off the sofa and running to him. He hugs Hyunjin and Hyunjin laughs, patting his head.

"But at least let me pay for my ticket, I feel so guilty." Hyunjin then says, letting go of Felix. Felix rolls his eyes playfully. "Please." he then begs and Felix nods.

"Okay then." Felix pats his chest before walking back to me, opening his maths textbook again and getting lost in it.

Hyunjin goes back to looking in the fridge, not that we have much, and shuts it with a sigh when he's unsuccessful. He sits on the kitchen counter, grabbing his phone from his pocket. I watch him discreetly, wanting to kiss him for some reason.

Like he can feel my gaze on him, he lifts his eyes and smirks when he sees me staring. I quickly avert my gaze, looking at the TV that I've been paying little to no attention to. I hear a quiet chuckle from the kitchen and my heart flutters, cheeks redding with embarrassment.

"Guys, do you wanna go out for dinner? There's no food and I really don't fancy a takeaway." Hyunjin walks over to us, sitting on the back of the sofa.

"Sure." Felix nods, still engrossed in his book.

And idea pops into my head right at that moment, excitement fills me and I pat Felix's thigh repeatedly with a happy smile on my face.

Felix looks up at me, laughing with a frown on his face. "What?"

"Want to invite Changbin?" I tilt my head with a teasing smile on my face. Felix's face reddens and he looks back down, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh come on, please. I wanna get to know him more." I beg him and he chuckles, face still flushed and he nods.

"I'll ask him." he agrees and Hyunjin pats him on the back.

"Can't wait. I'm gonna go for a shower." Hyunjin then tells us and hops off the back of the sofa to his bedroom.

"Me too." I get up too and Felix nods.

Heading to my bedroom, I get out the clothes I'm going to wear. I settle on a black bodysuit with a pair of light washed skinny jeans, paired with some white air forces as I doubt it will be a posh restaurant.

With my clothes in hand, I head to my bathroom and run the shower. I remove the makeup I've worn all day, brush my hair through and jump into the shower.

I don't take long to shower, I quickly shave and wash my hair. Getting out of the shower, I dry off and put on my outfit. I blow dry my hair and run my straighteners through it afterwards. Adding some makeup and some dainty jewellery, I finish.

Grabbing my bag, I add essentials and put on my shoes. I quickly spray some perfume before heading out of my bedroom to see just Hyunjin sitting on the sofa.

He looks up when he hears someone walk through and when he sees me his eyes widen and darken at the same time. They trail all the way down my body, making blood rush to my cheeks. His lower lips gets caught in between his teeth and he locks eyes with me. "You look beautiful." he whispers and I smile shyly.

"Thank you." I reply and scan my eyes over him. "Not so bad yourself." I take in his outfit choice, a black satin shirt with some black jeans and white air forces. He looks so attractive with whatever he wears.

He smirks at my compliment before lifting his hand up. He takes a peek at the closed living room door before whispering. "Come here." and I do without hesitation, walking over to him when he stands up.

He grabs the sides of my face with both of his hands before tilting his head to the side and landing his lips on mine. I close my eyes, loving the feeling of kissing him. He quickly moves his lips in rhythm with mine, not taking his time as we don't have all day.

I always feel faint when I kiss him, he has such an affect on me that I can't control.

However, before I can get too lost in him, we hear Felix's door close and we quickly break apart. I wipe his lips with my thumb though to get rid of the gloss that was on them. He smiles at the action and licks his lips at the same time Felix walks through the door.

"Ready to go? Changbin's meeting us there." Felix says, looking at the pair of us and I hope he isn't suspecting anything.

He doesn't look like he finds anything suspicious so I nod and follow him, Hyunjin close behind.