pt. twenty-three

Florence

Knocking quietly on Hyunjin's door gives me flashbacks and I try to calm my nerves.

The door opens after a few seconds and I'm greeted by a very tired looking Hyunjin. He opens the door wider, motioning with his head for me to walk in.

I do, looking around his room for the first time. His room is much smaller than mine but he makes it work.

He has a black duvet on his double bed tucked in the corner of the room, like mine. His wardrobe is next to the door, a chest of drawers next to the wardrobe and a TV standing on top of the drawers.

I look back to Hyunjin, who looks slightly uncomfortable, to see he's leaning against his bedroom door with his arms folded.

Clearing his throat, he meets my eyes with his. "What did you specifically want to talk about?" he asks quietly, like he doesn't want to wake Felix up.

I sigh heavily, sitting on the edge of his bed. Looking down at my hands, I fiddle with them and I'm getting a lot of deja vu. I start to get nervous as when we were in this situation before, it didn't end very well.

"Do you regret it?" I let it out, not wanting to beat around the bush. If I don't ask, I don't get any answers. I avoid his eyes though, not wanting history to repeat itself.

There's silence for a moment and I start to worry even more until I feel him sit next to me on his bed. I hear him take a deep breath before he answers me. "No."

I shoot my head up to him, furrowing my brows with confusion. "No?"

"No." he whispers, shaking his head. Holding eye contact with me and because I'm closer to him, I can tell how much sleep he's had.

"Then why are you acting like you do?" I ask and he closes his eyes, tilting his head back.

I watch him as he stays there for a second before he opens his eyes, lowering his head to look at his hands. "Because... I'm scared." he admits, avoiding my eyes.

My face softens and I hesitantly wrap my arm around his waist, laying my head on his shoulder. I don't reply, giving him time to speak and wait for him to carry on.

"I'm scared, Flo. I'm so fucking scared." his voice wavers and I give his side a reassuring squeeze. "I'm scared to love, to make myself vulnerable... make it easier for someone to damage me again." he admits and I lift my head up, looking at his side profile.

"What do you mean?" I quietly ask, tucking a strand of his hair behind his ear.

He doesn't answer for moment but then turns his head towards me. "My ex." he sighs but continues. "My ex made me believe she actually loved me, made me love her, made me trust her, made me show the side of me I've never wanted to show anyone again." he bits his lip, lowering his head again to not look at me.

"She... she got me under her spell and took my vulnerability to... to cheat." he whispers, voice trembling but laced with anger.

My heart stops at his words and I instantly encircle my arms around his neck. He wastes no time in wrapping his arms around my waist, burying his head into my neck.