pt. thirty-six

Florence

You.

This one word has been floating around in my mind all morning and I can't seem to get it out.

After what Hyunjin said last night, he just kissed me on the cheek before turning over and we went to sleep. I was speechless, I still am, so I barely got any sleep from the shock.

I don't know if he's lying and trying to lead me on, or if he's actually thought about what we could be in the future.

A part of me hopes he's taken these past two months as a time to think about us because I definitely want at least something to happen.

I'm too deep in my thoughts that I watch the milk spill off my spoon and into my bowl of cereal that I haven't eaten a spoon full of yet. I'm one of the first ones to wake up, me and Minho. We sit in silence, eating our breakfast and occasionally looking outside of the large window in the kitchen and dining room.

I can feel his eyes on me now and I suddenly get nervous as Hyunjin has most definitely told him everything. I don't blame him. Minho is one of those people who is an amazing friend but is rare to find.

Like I knew he would, he clears his throat and breaks the silence. "You okay?"

At his question, I look up from my slightly soggy cereal and hesitantly nod. "Yeah, why?" I try to mask my confusion and shock from last night with a smile but it doesn't fool him.

"You've been staring at your coco pops for the past ten minutes and you usually finish them after the first two. What's wrong?" his words shock me as I didn't notice how much he actually knows me, noticed the little things I do.

"I um." I clear my throat and drop my spoon in my bowl. "I'm just distracted." I laugh lightly, grabbing my apple juice to take a sip.

"How come?" he continues and I suddenly feel awkward, not knowing if I should tell him or not.

At my silence he pushes his bowl forward out of the way and crosses his arms on the dining table, we're sitting at, and leans forward a little before speaking. "You can tell me anything. You know that, right?"

I nod and smile. "Yeah, I do,"

"Then don't feel like you can't tell me." he softly smiles and I sigh, giving up.

"It's... Hyunjin." I finally tell him and he looks shocked and eager to know what's happened at the same time.

He leans forward even more, like we're gossiping, and raises his eyebrows. "Did he do something?" he questions.

"More like said." I reply but before he could reply my brother interrupts us by walking in.

"Good morning." he yawns and I turn around to see Changbin is following after.

I smile at my brother and Changbin. "Good morning,"

"So. Me, you, Hyunjin and Minho will be doing the normal skiing and the rest will be doing lessons. Sound okay?" he says and starts boiling the kettle.