pt. thirty-seven

Hyunjin

The minute we all enter the chalet after a long day of skiing, the warmth brings my hands back to life.

Minho sighs, titling his head back. "I've never loved the warmth more." he moans and we all laugh, agreeing with him.

All of us place our skis and poles near the door before heading up to our rooms to get changed for dinner. I just change into some grey joggers and a black hoodie, and head back downstairs whilst Florence changes her clothes.

I'm so annoyed with myself with what I did this morning. I could tell I made her uncomfortable and I'm not surprised she was. I ignore her for weeks on end and I suddenly show affection, she's obviously going to be confused and awkward.

Which is why I need to explain everything to her this week. I need to tell her how I feel.

Even if she doesn't feel anything back, I just need her to know because it's eating me alive.

I enter the kitchen and dining area to be greeted by Minho, Chris and Felix all chatting and making warm drinks.

Felix notices me first and motions to the boiling kettle. "Hey, you want one?"

"Tea please." I accept his offer and he nods.

Not gonna lie, I've started drinking more tea because of Florence so I can't resist having one after being in the cold all day.

Sitting myself at the large, wooden dining table, I watch as the three of them make conversation. I watch how Chris easily makes them laugh and a part of me doesn't blame Florence for befriending him.

I hope they're only friends because if they ever start dating, I will be crushed.

"So what're we thinking for dinner?" Minho asks as Felix places my tea in front of me. I thank him and take a sip as Felix replies.

"I think we should take it in turns each night. Say maybe me and Binnie could cook tonight and then Min and Han tomorrow?" he suggests and we all agree on that idea.

At the sound of someone entering the kitchen I look up and see the girl I wanted to see. She walks in wearing black joggers and one of Felix's hoodies.

I really want to give her one of mine.

"What's for dinner?" she asks whilst stretching and yawning, obviously tired from skiing.

When she lifts her arms up to stretch, a part of her stomach is exposed and I gulp at the sight of her soft skin I used to be able to touch.

"Me and Binnie are cooking tonight. We're all gonna take it in turns." her brother replies and she smiles whilst nodding, liking the idea.

"Can't wait." she grins and leaves the room to go into the living room.

Once she's out of my sight, I put my eyes on Chris out of habit and see he's looking where I was just. My stomach sinks and I instantly know that he likes her. It's obvious.

Soon Minho leaves the room to sit with Florence and Felix heads off to find Changbin, leaving me and Chris alone in the kitchen. I cast my eyes down to my half empty cup of tea as I can feel his gaze on me.