pt. sixteen

Hyunjin

"Okay, why do you look like you wanna rip that lad's body to shreds?" Minho comes to sit next to me, beer in hand.

"Who?" I frown, turning my head to him.

Minho raises his eyebrows and gestures to the boy Florence is getting quite close to. "See. The minute you look at him, you go moody." he says and sips his beer afterwards.

"No, I don't."

Yes, I do.

"You've been grumpy since the minute you got here, what's up with you." he frowns, observing me. I just look down at my hands holding the beer I haven't taken a sip of yet.

Thinking Minho will be a good person to go to advice to, I just let it out. I haven't spoken to anyone about what happened, I feel like I need to. I don't know how long I can take this.

"You know Florence?" I ask and he nods. "We have... history and um we talked about it before coming here and I don't know. It's made me realise how much of a prick I was back then." I whisper the last sentence, feeling ashamed.

Confusion is evident in his face so I explain further. "Three years ago I... I-I said some things and um... I hurt her, so fucking bad. I'll regret it for the rest of my life." I keep my head down, too ashamed of myself to look at my friend.

"So... you hurt her but you look like you want to kill any man that goes near her?" Minho exposes me and I gulp, not wanting to say anything.

At my silence he chuckles. "Ahh okay, I think I know what's going on." he says and I look at him, brows furrowed.

"You, my friend." he pokes my chest with his finger. "Are jealous." he smirks and I shake my head.

"No, I'm not,"

"Yes, you are." he counters back. "You are jealous of any boy that goes near her and you know why?" he asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"Because you like her." he says the one thing I didn't want to hear.

My heart rate speeds up, panic rising in me. "I-I don't like her." I try to tell myself.

He raises one eyebrow. "Yeah sure, because you definitely don't worship the ground she walks on or drool every time you see her." he exposes me even more and I lower my head.

I can't like her.

For multiple reasons.

She's Felix's sister, she hates me and the thought of loving someone is absolutely terrifying.

I still don't reply to Minho, feeling very exposed right now and also scared. I don't want to face my feelings. I don't know if I'll be able to save myself.

Minho sighs at my lack of response. "Look, if you do like her, don't run from your feelings. I know this is scary for you but I know for well Florence is the most genuine and kind person I know. I've also noticed your jealously has hurt her." he says and the last sentence makes me shoot my head towards him.