2.5

This damn Tincan really knew how to cause problems.

The first thing Li heard when he entered Apollo's Heel, with Ume following closely behind him, were whispers. Not the common, everyday whispers of food recommendations or recent scavenging gains, but of something else. Angels.

The word seemed to rise like the sun under the foggy blankets of sky, unseen until it harshly casts a light. It cast an angry spell over the bar, angry and buzzing. Li touched his neck habitually. Each curling leaf on the inky rose was familiarly tapped upon, as naturally as breathing. His other arm was occupied carrying Yu, whom decided it no longer wished to walk after entering the building.

White, furred ears perked up tall, twisting in direction of all the noises, despite being slouched in Li's comfortable arms. Whispers smoothly entered the fox's sharp hearing, loud enough that it was certain that, Li too, could hear everything. Yu could very well hear the steady, slightly nervous thump of Li's heart.

Thump, thump. Thump, thump.

"The Angels, did you hear?"

"Some civilians claim they saw an Angel Scout yesterday!"

"Where?"

"Southwest, in Antheia. Of silver eyes and silver hair just waltzing around in public..."

Thump, thump. Thump, thump.

Ah. The heartbeat quickened by 4 beats per second. The Arctic fox looked upward at the human's poker face, untrue of his inner nervousness. Yu snuggled more deeply into the youth's arms. By instinct, or program, it all pointed toward making the youth feel happier.

Li couldn't help but smile as the fox rubbed its face back and forth against his wrist in a spoiled manner, licking it carefully. The texture was wet and slightly rough, drawing a ticklish sensation out. He pet the fox, touching the soft and warm fur.

"So cute, ah."

Ume scrunched his eyebrows. His eyes flashed for a moment as he processed the transmitted report of his extended animal model. He noted down the strange behavior that the fox acted upon without orders. It listened fine when directed, however when left to make decisions without commands... it seemed to have a strange means of priority.

Ignorant of Ume's rapidly flashing thoughts, Li approached the table O normally sat at. There was a lack of energy in the area, as everyone acquainted with O was seemingly gone. The only exception to the barren cluster of rickety tables was a figure opposite of O. She was a blonde with a cute bob, wearing a studded choker. If Li remembered correctly, this was the woman who made fun of O earlier, named Anne. The pair seemed to be having a serious conversation, low voices barely audible from a   close distance.

"...we'll need to start double checkin' our stock of weaponry n' pick a date to distribute."

"But don't you think we should just step back and let this rumor die out? We're Apollo's Heel, O. If that's our response, then this small bubble of tension will pop into a flood of unrest."

O frowned, an aggressive gaze aimed a the blonde. Anna was entirely unfazed, finishing off her drink calmly. She only continued speaking under the oppressive atmosphere after she set down her cup with a small clink.

"Babe, you're jumping the gun 'cause you're too close with all the bodies here. Too easily affected what will and won't keep everyone safe. Go take care of some shit in the West and cool your jets, alright? You'll stress harder seeing people you know 'round here."

They pinched the bridge between their eyes softly, expression slowly relaxing.

"Okay. I'm listenin', Anne. But at least take check stock for me?"