3.6

"Don't play coy, Aisultan. I have more things to do tonight rather than entertain you."

Elijah woke up with a headache no fiercer than the burning sun itself pressing down his temple. He pushed himself into a sitting position, rubbing his temples with a frown. He needed a moment to recognize the room he resided in–which was the guest room he had originally organized for Aisultan to stay the night.

What were Eli and Aisultan doing earlier today...?

His cheeks grew red, before scowling, "Idiotic."

Elijah stood up; the cinnamon scent was faint, traces of Aisultan in the room–obviously–as it was designated room. He left the room, only to find the silvery, fluffy ears peeking out from the dining hall's kitchen, with a loud, suspicious voice to accompany.

"What did you do with Eli? Why would you toy with him like that?!"

Elijah's features drew a blank expression, as he stepped forward. Aisultan's voice followed, masculine raspiness itching his ears, to the back of his neck.

"I didn't do much, girl–"

"What did you just call me? Go ahead say that again for me–"

"Please," Elijah cut in, as he stepped over with steady strides, "silence or I kick you both out over this worsening headache. Evening, Alyssa, I hope Eli welcomed you well. And to you, Aisultan..."

The playful smile adorned Aisultan's lips, no more of another handsome accessory to cause Elijah to pause for but a moment. He continued, playing off the sudden stop as he nodded at Aisultan.

"...good evening as well."

Alyssa's fierce glare quickly jumped to a delighted expression, as she exclaimed, "Elijah, love! You are the absolute sweetest, you know that?" 

"Don't attempt your pathetic attempt at flattery, I haven't let go of your petulance from earlier." Elijah responded evenly, as she jumped over to Elijah with arms wide; he gave her a firm hug. Alyssa, not letting go, shot a warning glare to the tallest man in the room, who only smiled, before filling a glass with water.

"Good evening to you as well, Elijah dear. How are you feeling? Eli left you worse for wear, it seems like."

"Indeed," he said, nodding a word of thanks as he took the glass, not minding the nonchalant lean of Aisultan's shoulders near his, nor the brief graze of their fingers both pressing against each other and the glass.

Alyssa let out a miserable sigh and looked away from the sight, unable to bear it any further. The conversation carried on, neither paying heed to her.

"Did you carry Eli to your room?"

"I did–it wasn't too uncomfortable I hope?"

"Nothing worse than the pounding splitting apart my temple as of now. Thank you for being aware of your place here and not seeking my room out. I already overheard that...Eli has revealed most details regarding us?"

"Only some," Aisultan mused, "the tortoise, the time of swap, and that you both are fully separate entities."

Elijah's eyebrow twitched, as he pinched between his eyebrows.

"What am I going to do with him–more than just some...!"

Aisultan helplessly smiled at him, although the curious swirl of amber made it unclear if he were unapologetic in regards to such interesting pieces of information.

"Elijah," Alyssa called, seating herself unceremoniously from across the hall, "did you see this?" She beckoned over at the now emptied wine bottle atop the table. He walked over, with Aisultan in tow, attempting to hold back the mirth pulling up his lips.