30 - run

just checking you all remember who julia is! she hasn't been in a new chapter for months but she's pope's girlfriend! she's gonna be around a bit so i wanted to make sure she's not been forgotten

-

life has frozen for jj and kiara- they can't seem to think about anything but the problems they both have, and watching the other pogues rush about as if life is normal isn't helping. it's normal for them, pope is in his "honeymoon era" with julia, sarah and john b are in love as always and busy building the new cameron empire. jj and kiara are in love too of course, but they're so weighed down by their woes that they can't focus on anything but themselves and their problems.

the group are sat in john b and sarah's living room, each couple sitting on a couch by themselves. kiara may have jj's arm round her, she may be resting her head on his shoulder- they may look like they're doing good on the outside but they're both freaking out internally. after jj took his call last night kiara's been noticing him acting odd- even more odd than before.

he's jumpy, he seems overly alert but lost at the same time- something tells her its not just the fact he may be going down for murder soon but something else. something she doesn't want to force out of him. it's not like she doesn't have secrets too.

when jj answered the phone to lucas the night before, he swiftly decided to be brash with him, 'i don't need your recording. i'll get a good lawyer, the best. i'll fight, i don't need to compromise kiara to get my own goal' he tells lucas before he could say anything.

lucas' shrill laugh rings through the phone, 'who says it's compromising her?' he laughs.

'i wouldn't put it past you' jj scoffs, rolling his eyes- not that lucas can see that.

'smart thinking' lucas replied, jj can still hear the humour in his voice. 'at risk of sounding like a cheesy movie's villain, you'll regret not cooperating with me jj'

the phone line goes quiet and jj realises that lucas is gone. he gulps, knowing lucas might try do serious harm to kiara, or him. but then again, he wouldn't put it past him to be delivering empty threats.

so now, jj sits stiffly- the group talks about their plans for the next week is just background noise, as they talk about plans to go out on the pogue, meeting family members and similar things, his mind buzzes with the thought that any of them may be a jeopardy in these situations because of him. and of course he feels the need to talk to kiara about it at this point, it obviously concerns her more than anyone- and he can't be there for her all the time to make sure she's okay. but he also knows he doesn't want to cause her any panic.

when he snaps out of his thoughts he notices john b and sarah are putting their jackets on by the door, and the rest of the group are no longer sat with him. he jumps up and tries to pretend he was just slow getting up- and wasn't just spaced out. 'where you going?' he asks.

the group frowns simultaneously at him, 'dude we just said?..' john b says.

'oh.' jj sighs. 'sorry i'm tired.' not a lie, but not the reason he didn't hear them.

john b just nods while wondering what's really up, because they can all see through his lie. once they've left pope and julia go grab their coats for the day, and kiara pulls to jj to the side. 'is something wrong?' she asks.

he instantly shakes his head, 'no, no.' he says, ' i'm just tired like i said'

kiara doubts it, but she doesn't say anymore. she just purses her lips and joins pope and julia in putting her coat on so they can leave.