4 - what have you done?

firstly, thank you so much for the response on the debut chapters.... fuck i love you guys! they collectively got like 320 views in a few hours? ahhh (even more at the time of publishing this chapter)

also here to remind y'all THIS IS THE SECOND BOOK i've been seeing some usernames i haven't see before which either means you missed the first book, or you read it but you were a silent reader? OR maybe you change your username? idk but if you haven't read the first book go read it or you'll be confused.

also chapter 3 has like 200 more reads than 1 and 2..... oh hell what happened

 oh hell what happened

proof read

general pov:

when kiara gets home she's soaking wet, sopping wet. her curly hair is matted and unbrushed, the blouse she put on earlier is almost suffocating her, its so close to her skin.

she's about to head upstairs when somebody knocks at her door, timidly but urgently. sarah probably left something here earlier.

but when she opens the door jj is there, also soaking wet but he's also soaked in blood. he's not looking forward when she opens the door, but the sound of it opening makes him look up, his blank-terrified stare sends a shiver down her spine.

'please tell me that's not your blood' she gasps, stepping forward to him- but he stumbles backwards into a chair behind him.

'it's m-my dad's' he mutters, breathlessly looking down at his shirt. their hearts drummed away with the rain. kiara doesn't know what to say, her gut is screaming at her- telling her jj's done something really, really bad.

he reads the concern on her face and manages to utter two more words before breaking into screams and cries, 'he's dead'

kiara and jj sat outside for half an hour, jj refused to move - the distraught emotions leaving his body racking violently. kiara can't leave him, not like this. so they sat, the rain soaking them further (if it's even possible). kiara's arms are wrapped around his whimpering body- running her hands through his hair softly just like she used to.

when he's calmed down and come to his senses he looks to his side, coming face to face with kiara. she shifts and sucks in a strangled breath, moving away. 'come on' she said, standing up, 'we'll catch hypothermia' she held out a hand for jj to grab, as she does so lightening strikes right on her lawn, 'or get hit by lightening'

they made their way into her house. he closes the door behind him and tries to step into the hallway but a gentle hand on his chest stops him. 'wait here' kiara orders him wearily, running up her stairs. she returns a few long minutes later, in her hands are some clothes. 'go change and shower, the bathroom is the third on the left' she told him, nodding to the stairs.

he felt much better after showering, the initial shock washed away down the drain with his father's blood. he notices kie at the kitchen island, still in her wet clothes- he head in her hands. when she hears his approaching she looks up and smiles weakly.