2 - that maybank kid

proof read

proof read.

general pov:

when pope, kiara, john b and sarah returned from nasseau they just wanted to move on with their lives- not that kiara could, she was frozen in time, her brain was left in the bahamas, and her heart was left in jj's hands.

pope wanted to work, he didn't want to become dormant just because he's rich now- but the others aren't too bothered about that. they know eventually they should work but right now they're supposed to be living the best years of their life.

with having no job they have a lot of time to spend, so they surf, they fish, they travel- its a constant summer, which almost makes up for the summer they lost.

today is a saturday, the group has decided to go to the beach and catch some waves.

on the opposite side of the island jj is at the chateau. memories are surging though his mind at the sight of growing ups round the area, and all the days and nights he spent with john b, and pope... and kiara.

the hammock is swinging in the slight wind, his heart clenches at all the memories he has with kiara there. swinging with her in his arms until they both were sleeping softly, and the porch- he can almost picture the pogues sat there, plotting something.

his thoughts are interrupted by the door swinging open, 'what the hell are you doing on my lawn?' a man shouted, coming out of what used to be john b's house.

jj stumbled back slightly, 'sorry, i was just seeing if someone still lived here' he replied, starting to head back to his car.

'hey, aren't you that maybank kid?' the man said, 'i'll tell john you were here, he rents this place out to me'

jj sighed, 'yeah. can you tell him my number's still the same? he needs to call me' he told the man, receiving a nod as he drove off.

he drove for a short while and pulled up at the wreck, just sitting in his car looking in at it. does kiara still work here? its clearly still in business, does her dad even own it anymore? he's not prepared to know those answers- even though a part of him is begging for nothing to have changed, he wants to see kiara walk out of the door and tuck her beautiful hair behind her ear as she heads to her car. but that's not gonna happen, firstly its only mid day so closing time is far away and kiara doesn't work there. so he heads to somewhere else that he has memories with the pogues at, the beach.

the sound of seagulls squawking and waves crashing against the shores brought even more memories back, surfing and boating was one of their favourite pastimes. as he approached the beach; holding the board he'd stored in the back on his truck, he saw four people in the water. he can't believe who he's seeing- his eyes are drawn to them, it's his old friends.

he can't will himself to go surf but he doesn't wanna leave, so he stands against his truck- rubbing his hands together as if the motion would move them. he'd wanted to see and speak to john b but he can't approach them as a group, he just can't.