15 - i want you to... pt.2

general pov:

general pov:

as they set off on their journey kiara lets out a heavy sigh. she tries to talk to jj but he's ignoring her yet again, 'god' she scoffs after a while. 'what the fuck is your problem' .

she see's his jaw tense slightly but still doesn't reply. 'is it something i did?' she persists.

'no' he mutters.

'then why are you being so angsty all of a sudden?' she sighs, he bites his lip and keeps his vision fixated on the road. 'is this about your dad? we don't have to do this if it's too hard for you'

'no. no i need to do this i'm not bothered' he replies quickly, his blinking tears away.

he's acting weird but something makes her believe him, somehow she know its something else. 'whatever it is you need to talk about it to whoever- i guess someone who'll understand? someone who's involved?' she suggests.

'yeah i guess' he replies bluntly.

'do you know who you can talk to about it?'

'yeah i have an idea of someone...' he says, looking at her now. 'but i don't think she'd want to hear it'

her cheeks flush, 'keep your eyes on the road casanova' she says, making jj wonder - did she catch what i was saying there?

silence hovers over them but she speaks again after a few moments, 'don't worry. you're no the only person with a lot on your mind right now' she told him, even though she said don't worry he isn't sure whether it was meant to reassure him, but it did.

'what's on your mind?' he questions her.

sighs sighs heavily but doesn't answer so he takes a guess, 'lucas?' he asks.

she nods but realises he can't see her, but just as she suspected- when she does speak her voice betrays her feelings, 'yeah' she replies, her breath wavering slightly.

as he glances to her his heart dips at the difference in her body language since lucas came into the conversation. his minds wonders, but on thing is stuck front and centre of his thoughts, i'm gonna fucking kill him.

'i just keep picturing his grins when he saw me- he was so happy with himself for getting to see me' she continues, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth.

jj grunts in frustration, 'he's fucking sick' he mutters.

but she falls silent again, he navigates a corner before looking back at her. a tear has escaped her eye, she dabs it away as he turns to her but he saw nonetheless. he quickly veers off into a gas station and gets out, she's confused when he enters the building without a word to her.

when he comes back oath opens the passenger door and places the bag of whatever he bought on the dashboard and turns his attention to kie- who's still crying softly and picturing lucas. 'i'm sorry you feel like this' he says, unclipping her belt and pulling her out the car and into his arms.