26 - deserving to be safe

general pov:

sarah, pope and john b have been spamming kiara's phone- but she's not wanting to answer anyone. when shoupe came back to talk to her he told her that at jj's indicment they decided there's enough evidence for trial- but they agreed to let him out on bail. but he then said they don't know how colton being possibly added to the case will change that.

he comes back to her again, 'kiara you need to go home' he tells her.

'well you won't let me go bail jj out yet so i'm not moving.' she insists, crossing her arms.

as soon as kiara was told jj is allowed out on bail she jumped on the opportunity of paying it. but unfortunately the cops are insisting he must be transported back to obx first before it can be paid.

shoupe sighs, 'he won't be here for another few hours- and we need this room now.'

'i know.' she replies, moving to put her feet up on the chair opposite to her under the table.

shoupe comes up and pulls the chair out so her feet fall. 'look kiara' he starts as she sits up properly with her fallen feet, 'i know you want to help your friend- but we really can't let you just sit in here.'

she says nothing, just staring at him- trying to look stubborn but he can read the emotions in her eyes. he grunts in frustration, 'i guess there's probably somewhere else i can find for you to sit?'

she smiles now, jumping up as the negative emotions drain from her eyes and leave only positivity.

shoupe leads kiara to a random room and starts to leave, but she calls his name as he nears the door- her face paints a picture of excitement. 'thank you' she says.

when jj arrives back in the outer banks he is practically yanked out of the vehicle, his hands are cuffed behind his back- the tight metal digs into his wrists as a cop pulls him inside.

when shoupe see's him come in he almost jumps out of his seat, 'finally' he sighs.

the cop who brought jj speaks now, 'someone is here to pay his bail, correct?' he basically orders a reply.

'yes. i'll go get her' shoupe replies with a raised brow to the other cop, heading to get kiara.

jj peeks his head round the corner he disappeared round for the next couple minutes, when she appears  in he lets out a held breath. but she looks stressed and worn out, but all that seems to melt away as their eyes meet. a smile fills her face instead.

shoupe leads her to a desk and the cop who lead jj in tells him to sit, while they explain the terms of the bail and get her to sign some documents they steal glances at eachother. the earth is pulling them together but they can't be, not yet.

jj spaces out in a tired daze when kiara gets into doing the paperwork- he hasn't had much sleep since his arrest, not that he had much luck sleeping before that. his daze is broken when someone snaps their fingers in front of his face, 'stand up' the cop said- jj does so and eyes his name tag as he does so. darren.

darren grabbers jj's shoulders and turns him 180 degrees so his back in facing him. jj hears keys jingle and a tug on his arms, then the handcuffs slip off his wrists. 'follow' darren huffs, walking back to where kiara and shoupe are.

when kiara see's him next to him she jitters in happiness but she holds herself back until they alone, after the terms and conditions of jj's bail are engraved in their heads and until they're packed off with an ankle monitor on jj's ankle.

as soon as the fresh air hits their face and the late summer breeze fans through their hair they turn to eachother and they're soon hugging. jj notices how tight kiara's holding onto him, and she grasps in for a while as if he's gonna flee as soon as she lets go. 'kiara?' he speaks her name softly.

'mmm?' she replies quietly, resting her heavy head on his shoulders.

'are you okay?'

'i am now.' she replies, he feels her smile into his shoulder.

her phone rings for the millionth time today and her breath fans his upper back as she sighs. 'who is it?' he asks

she pulls back and rips her phone out of her pocket, her teeth tug at her bottom lip and she looks at the screen. 'sarah'

jj watched her face, 'are you gonna answer?'

she thinks first, then shakes her head. 'i can't' she tells him.

jj sighs, 'kiara. i'm just as annoyed at what she did, but you need her, you need them all' he says, reaching out and squeezing her hands. 'i'll always be here but you need more than one person in your life. you can't push them away.'

kiara bites her lip and she stares timidly up to him, 'can we just... forget it tonight? i just wanna be with you right now...' she whispers to him.

his eyes glisten under the moonlight, the girl in front of his is more important than anything- so he nods to her and guides her towards her car.

later on they're laid down on her bed, his skins feels warm against hers- his hair feels soft in her hands- his gaze is illuminating her sad soul. 'i know you wanted tonight to just be us..' jj starts, 'but what's happening with that restraining order?' 

she diverts her gaze from his, closing her eyes softly. 'i don't know if its a good idea anymore' she  replies softly.

he sighs, 'what're you scared of? lucas? cause he can't come near you if you do it.' he reminds her.

'he can though, he would.' kiara says, the events of the past few days flashing through her mind over and over again.

jj sucks in a deep breath and grabs her hand, 'come on' he says, moving to get up as he pulls her along. 

'what?' she frowns.

'just trust me!' he says, pulling her out of her room and downstairs, when they get to the bottom of the stairs they're faced with he front door. he lets her hand go for a second and grabs her coat and stares at her.

'what?' she frowns

he sighs and reaches out to move her arms gently so he can put her coat on for her, he then grabs his own and pulls it on- his hand reclaims hers and he takes her outside.

'what are we doing out here?' 

jj grabs her other hand and smiles at her, 'you remember what happened here?' he prompts her.

'in the rain?' she asks, he nods. 'you cried?' she says- struggling to find the point.

'yes. i did cry, but i was okay because of you. i broke your heart kie but you still held me while i cried, no matter how much it pained you- no matter how much it involves you in my dad's murder- you never stopped caring' he explains.

'of course i cared jj, i couldn't just leave you here' she replies, squeezing his hands.

'exactly kie, you spend all this time looking after me, caring for me no matter what i do. i'm not gonna push for the reason you've gone off the restraining order but you deserve it- you deserve to be safe' he rants, when he's done he pays attention to her staring at him attentively.

when she doesn't say anything and pulls her hands from his he thinks he's blown it somehow, but she grabs his face and pulls him closer to her than either of them would think possible, 'i love you... so much' her voice croaks as she speaks.

a smile of relief fills his face as he sends his love back right as she smashes her lips into his

A/N: sorry for hella slow update... like hella hella hella slow. but i'm glad to have it done now- the majority of this chapter has been written and just sat here for ages, i tried so many times to pick it up but the inspiration wouldn't come.

hopefully i can keep this inspiration up!

much love for you all, thank you for keeping your patience with my slow updates.