6 - just friends

general pov:

general pov:

when jj wakes up the next morning he is confused to find a pair of arms and legs wrapped round his body, his heart skips a beat when he realises the girl wrapped around his front is kiara- but his heart sinks when he remembers last night.

he rolls over and pulls her body away from his and sits up, he tears his eyes over her body, smiling at her sleeping peacefully until his eyes fall on her wrist, theres now a bruise forming where he grabbed it- did he really grab it that hard? he hadn't meant to hurt her, he'd been having a nightmare about his dad.

in the dream, he watches him fight his dad and drag his body into his room and he just leaves him to bleed out there. he was screaming at dream jj, telling his to stop but he couldn't hear him. then in the dream he approaches his dad and suddenly luke jumps up and tries to attack jj- but inconveniently that part was the part where kiara woke him up. he hadn't realised that he'd woken up yet, so he mistook kiara waking him as his dad attacking him.

after kiara hugged him she lay him down and tucked him in like a child, on her way out her called to her, 'can you stay?' he asked her, his heart had throbbed as she gave him a smile before getting in the bed and lying down so she's facing him. under the gaze of her soft brown eyes he felt safe to fall asleep without worry of another nightmare.

but now, something tells him when she wakes up sober and in the same bed as him she won't be too happy. will she even remember last night?

while jj is panicking about what to do when she wakes up kiara's eyes flutter open, for a second she's confused, but soon she comes to and realises where she is and who she's in bed with. she gazes up from her lying position at jj sat up, staring at the wall- he doesn't notice that she's awake so she catches his fluttering attention with a hello.

he jumps slightly but he tuns round to her, 'oh - hi' he smiles softly.

she smiles back- just slightly, 'we need to talk about last night, you fell asleep before i could ask you about it' she says, glancing to her wrist.

he sighs as she sits up like him, for a moment their arms brush eachothers as they become face to face, they lean into eachother slightly but they pull away after a second, 'i'm sorry' he whispers, turning his head away to stare forward again as he begins to fidget with his fingers, but she rests her hand on top of his to stop him.

'you don't need to be sorry- i just wanna know what's up. you said you got help when you... went away' she said.

jj yet again turns his head to the side and finds his face inches away from hers, her face is sleepy and quite frankly adorable to him- but his is full of shame. 'i tried to... but i just got overwhelmed and decided to travel for a while, but i never could go back to it'

her face is suddenly sad, 'so... you left me to get help, but when you decide you can't do that you still stay away?' she says, hurt.

'i wanted to come back but...' he stopped himself.