18 - they go away eventually

general pov:

general pov:

sarah sighs as she sits across from her father and brother, knowing they'll be disappointed that the visit is just to help jj.

'hey sar' ward grins at her, and even rafe is grinning this time. 'this is a surprise visit. what's up?'

'uhm i need to ask a couple things...' she says, 'about luke maybank'

rafe's grins drops, 'sarah you're not investigating his death are you?' he asks.

'keep your voice down' she hisses, 'jj and kiara are trying to prove jj innocent'

'is he innocent?' rafe questions, raising his brow- remembering what jj was capable of doing when he last met him.

'i hope' sarah sighs, 'they've found a guy who sent a message to him the day before he died and...' she continues explaining to them.

'do you recognise that name?' she asks after she's stop telling them about colton.

ward nods, 'yeah him and maybank got into a couple arguments here' he tells her, then he leans forward so the guards all about can't hear him, 'colt had someone from the inside bringing him drugs in, and he dealt them in here'

rafe leans forward now, 'he left a couple days after luke, said he was gonna make a business outta it somewhere in virginia i think'

'lynchburg?' sarah asks.

'yeah i think that was it.' rafe says, scratching his head.

'so do you think luke was dealing in obx for him?' sarah persists.

'maybe. if he was it was probably because he had nothing to pay colt with while he was in here, he was probably working off the money he owed'

sarah nods slowly, 'that'd explain all the weed he had hidden...' she sighs.

she knew kiara and jj are waiting for her call but she decides to stay and chat with them for a while. as soon as she gets to her car she calls kiara, no answer.

when she calls again kiara picks up and get explains everything to them.

after hanging up, kiara sighs when she catches sight of her suitcase. 'do you still wanna leave?' jj asks.

she fiddles with the cuff on her hoodie sleeve, 'i guess...' she says, uncertain.

'we don't need to be here anymore' jj says, 'i think we should be set to pass everything onto the cops...'

'i don't think it'll be that simple. especially since you skipped town.' kiara replies, 'you stay here, talk to stace and colton a bit and if theres nothing left to find come back'

'how you gonna get back on your own? i'm your ride.' jj protests.

she sighs, 'i'll find a way'

he shakes his head, 'i'm not letting you "find a way". we're going back together.'