10 - the burner phone

it kinda looks like she's doing a lil dance someone stop me laughing

general pov:

a nervous sweat sets on kiara's brow as she walks into agua incorporated. in her mind monsters linger creating fret. she can't for get what jj told her last night, and the sinking feeling it gives her. the monsters inside her mind also entertain the idea she won't be good enough for her first day on the job, which is a stupid thought really because she's an intern- at the most she's gonna be researching something, or maybe she's just be sat in a room and asked to get up to scratch on a case, god knows.

when she arrives at the front desk she's greeted by a small woman with short ginger hair, the woman is wiping down her desk with her lip bit and a furrowed brow. she doesn't notice kiara lurking on the other side of her desk so she clears her throat, the woman looks up quickly.

'oh i'm so sorry' the woman fusses, 'i was just... de-germing...'

kiara smiles sweetly at the worrisome woman in front of her. 'don't worry' she tells her.

'what can i help you with?' the woman asks after she's thrown away the wipe she was using to "de-germ" her desk.

'uh i'm looking for dalton reeves? i'm his new intern?'

at the mention of him the woman lips form a smile, 'ah yes. he was telling me about your interview. you really impressed him.' she told kiara. 'he's on floor 9, when you leave the elevator turn right and keep going until you find his office' she instructs.

kiara smiles at the woman and searches her's uniform for a name tag, 'thank you... emma' she said, heading to the elevator.

her heart had jumped with hope when she heard dalton was impressed by her. dalton reeves is a big name for any young environmentalist like kiara, he's had a massive influence in creating so many great environmental lawyers, he's also won many, many big cases and had first hand experience in environmental protection in the galapagos islands and other places like it. its a dream internship for any girl like her, she's incredibly lucky to be his next mentee and she knows it.

however her hope dispels when the elevator dings at its arrival to the 9th floor, she's nervous to see him again. in her interview she spoke to who she assumes is his assistant while he watched, he didn't crack a single smile during- so part of her didn't think he liked her. she's scared he won't like her, he's been her role model for so long- she can't bare the idea of him not liking her.

an oak door comes into her view after a few minutes of walking, a silver plaque reads the name she's dreading. but; timid as she is, she knocks at the door instantly.

when it swings open she's greeted by the man himself, he's wearing the same suit as she'd first seen him in- navy with a cloud white shirt underneath- his tie is also navy, it's a simple get up but somehow he make's it elegant. his brown curls settle over his eyes, but he brushes them away and grins when he see's her. 'ah. kiara.' he says, his accent making her name almost sound like a purr. she'd know he was british but in real life he somehow seems... more british?