16 - _______ with benefits?

general pov:

general pov:

kiara wakes up to her phone ringing. when she answers she hears her name being shouted down the line, 'give me a sec' she groans, taking the phone away from her ear. she pulls jj's arm away from her and peels out of bed.

once she's in a bathrobe and on the balcony she brings the device to her ear again, 'i'm here' she says, yawning slightly.

'where are you? i've been trying to contact you since yesterday!' sarah complains down the phone.

'sorry i've been busy...' kie sighs. "busy"

'did you know the cops were looking into jj? are you with him?' sarah questions.

'i was with him when shoupe warned him, i can't tell you where we are just... we think we know who did it okay?' kiara answers.

sarah lets a heavy sigh out, 'why are you doing this for him kie? i thought you were tired of all that shit after we got the gold.'

'why did you hop onto the phantom with john b?' kiara shot back.

'because i lo- oh my god kie, are you guys- did you-' sarah stumbles.

kiara laughs softly, 'we just kissed last night that's all'

'that's all?'

'okay maybe we did more but that doesn't mean we're in a relationship or anything- trust me i want to be with him but you know... lucas is back in the equation now'

'yeah i can imagine how you feel... are you okay? i didn't get chance to ask after you saw him' sarah diverts.

kiara lets a loaded sigh out, 'honestly? i can't stop picturing.... everything he did. and his stupid fucking face'

sarah lets out a soft huff of air out of her mouth, she thinks for a second before she speaks. 'i'm sorry he has this power over you, but it will get better okay?' she whispers.

kiara smiles, 'i know... thank you'. her heart bubbles at the familiarity of sarah's comfort. 'listen i think jj's awake and we've probably got a long day ahead of us... we'll talk later okay?'

'yeah of course. call me whenever' sarah replies, but before kiara can say good bye she chimes in again, 'oh and kie?' she starts.

'yeah?'

'i am so fucking proud of you- for being so strong' sarah says soppily.

kiara takes a deep breath, 'shut up you'll make me cry' she laughs down the phone, 'i love you sarah'

'love you kie' sarah says before hanging up.

kiara smiles to herself and turns around to a shirtless jj. 'i lOvE yOu sArAh' he mocks.

'haha' she replies sarcastically, rolling her eyes as she walks forward to him.

he grins, pulling her close to him, 'hey it took you forever to say it to me, i have the right to make fun' he teases her, resting his hands on her waist.