24 - new tires

kinda thought this song went good with the pogues atm so here (also the glee version bc rachel killed it)
edit: i updated this chapter and probably scared the peeps who're waiting on 25 but i learnt that this song was actually written for lea michele so that's cool! so when i say "also the glee version bc rachel killed it" i was dumb bc it's the original version, like the glee og song writer wrote it.

i'll add a gif later lol

general pov:

when kiara wakes up she's confused for a moment, she's never stayed over at her dad's new house so she doesn't recognise it immediately. but it soon comes flooding back to her with yesterday's emotions.

but it's time for her to get up for work so she stuffs it all down and goes to take a shower.

her dad has already gone to the wreck so she doesn't eat anything, knowing agua incorporated has a cafeteria somewhere that she can hunt for.

on the drive over she gets into her music and loses all sense of anything outside her car. but in between songs she looks in her rear-view mirror and notices the same car always behind her. she brushes it off at first since she's on a busy highway - they'll just be going to the city too, she thinks.

but when she gets off the highway the car turns off right behind her. so she tries speeding up to lose it but it speeds up too.

her heart is pounding now but she still shrugs it off, even though the car seems familiar somehow.

despite her doubt of being followed the car turns every corner she turns, changes to every lane she changes to and it even follows her down and off-route road.

she eventually decides to pull over at the side of this off-route road and lets the car go past. she quickly u-turns and starts heading the right way, just about on the speed limit.

but only about 30 seconds later she see's the car approaching quickly. definitely faster than she's going, so she goes even faster - there is no way in hell that she's letting her car get rammed.

as she steps on it the car does so too, it's a faster car than hers - if she keeps going straight there's no way she'll out run it - so she swerves. on the side she swerves to is another lane and then grass leading to some trees, she only intends to travel into the next lane because it's empty but her panic combined with speed and wet roads makes her slide more than anticipated.

as her tires grind against the road she smells burnt rubber. she slams her foot down on the break and her car jolts into a stop- it was still going pretty fast so the sudden break doesn't stop it from propelling further across the grass, she barely misses the trees as her car moves uneasily.

for a second she just sits there, her breath is harsh and panicked, 'what the fuck' she pants.

suddenly she remembers the other car, she jumps out and looks around and they've just sped off- her car is kinda wrecked. the tires were already worn down and in need of replacement but now the rubber has been ripped off from the skidding. one of the tires is basically all gone. she's fine though- her wrist hurts a bit as she ended up banging it while trying to grab onto something while skidding. thank fuck she had a seatbelt on...

'what the fuck do i do?' she wonders out loud, the road is dead. no cars around.

she's definitely gonna need roadside recovery, that car isn't getting driven anywhere until it's got tires. so she calls for recovery and sits on the hood of her car.

she forgot completely about work until dalton calls her, 'hey i thought you were coming in today?' he says as she answers.

she sighs heavily, 'i was on my way and some car ran me off the road' she tells him, sighing.