7 - frankenstein's monster

general pov:

general pov:

sarah sighs as she sits at a metal bench in a big, neutral room with several other benches. there's a guard behind her, and behind every civilian, on the opposite side of the table is her brother and her father. they're sat in an awkward silence, she'd agreed to see them together but now she doesn't know what to say.

'so' rafe said, 'its great that you've taken time to us us- both of us'

'yeah' she said, sighing.

a silence fell again, 'why has it taken this long' ward says, quietly, calmly.

she bites her lip, looking down at the table. 'i just had some personal feelings to look through.' she said, 'but some stuff, made me wanna see you'

'luke maybank?' ward questioned, she nods, 'poor kid, i know it was a complicated relationship'

'yeah, i mean he just paid to get him outta here and that happened...' sarah replied

'i can't say i was too surprised to hear he was killed though' ward said, gaining a glare from both his daughter and son, 'he wasn't exactly a likeable guy, he certainly wasn't popular in here'

sarah frowned, she's about to ask him what he means but she gets a text, and then her phone rings. it's kiara, she know's what this means, its a code they made a while back- kiara would send her a text that's just a fullstop then call her, it's basically an SOS. 'gimme a sec' she tells them, answering as she walks off, 'kie? what happened?'

when she gets back she tells them she's gotta go, 'what? come on surely kiara can wait? you haven't seen dad in years' rafe complains, 'we hardly got to speak to you'

'actually no she kinda can't wait' sarah retorts, feeling guilty to leave to soon but honestly kiara in crisis is a good excuse to get out of having to talk to her father- she's regretting even asking to see him.

'it was nice seeing you' ward says, smiling almost hopefully and sarah could nearly see a glimpse of how she used to be able to see him.

'see ya' she says to the both of them as she rushes out and heads to her car. even though kiara was an excuse to leave, she did really need sarah right now. in the call kiara was crying, sarah couldn't quite understand her but she understood that she's at the ER and she doesn't have her car- so she wanted sarah to come help.

when sarah arrives she finds kiara sat with her arm limp by her side and clothes stained slightly red with blood to match her tear stained cheeks.

'what the hell happened to you??' sarah gasped, looking at kiara's hand and wrist.

kiara sighs, her voice trembles as she begins to speak, 'so. much.' she says.

sarah sighs and nods towards the exit, 'come on, tell me on the way home' she says, watching kie get up and timidly looking at the bruise on her wrist.