14 - i want you to...

hope you're all using bags shut :) can we get a chain of bags shut? i'll start:

bags shut! 👜

general pov:

when jj went to collect some stuff last night sarah and john b were confused, so he made up that he's gonna live in a hotel. so he ended up taking all his stuff- which isn't much anyways.

so now the stuff he doesn't need for the trip is in kiara's spare room and the rest; along with some of kiara's stuff, is tied down in the back of his truck. 'okay, we got everything?' kiara asks.

jj nods, 'think so' he answers, closing the back of the truck. kiara climbs into the passengers seat and he gets in the driver's side.

'let me know when you wanna swap and i'll drive' kiara tells him as she clips her seatbelt in.

he shakes his head, 'its my mission' he says, turning the ignition on and letting his headlight flicker on. 'you don't need to do any driving'

she sighs, 'how about you do this drive then i'll drive back?' she suggests, not giving up.

he smiles at her stubbornness, 'i'll think about it', he won't.

the dark sky rumbles above them, and thunder flashes across the sky. 'oh great' kiara mutters.

'why is there always a storm when we're doing something important' jj grumbles, pulling up by the side and getting the tarp for the back of the truck- pulling it over their stuff with kiara's help and securing it just as the rain starts.

when they get in the truck again they're only mildly wet, but even if they were soaking there's no time to ponder- they need to get off the outer banks.

so they drive right on the speed limits, and neither has spoken much since they discussed who's driving when. after an hour or so kiara finds herself drifting to sleep, jj smiles at her fluttering lashes, she's clearly trying to not sleep. 'you can sleep you know? you look like you need it' jj pipes up.

she smiles back, 'no its the first rule of a road trip' kiara replies, 'someone has to be awake with the driver to keep them awake'

he chuckles, 'i didn't know there was any rules to a road trip' he jests.

'well they exist now, i just made them. we'll just pull over for coffee when we next get the chance' she retorts.

'ok so what's the second rule?'

'uh', kiara thinks for a second- 'get kiara coffee' she says finally, smiling at her own words.

he laughs, 'okay coming right up your highness' he says, pulling into a service station and getting out.

jj grabs the coffee and kiara grabs some snacks and they meet back in the car, 'oh man! did you get mike n ikes?' jj buzzes, lighting up and almost jumping up and down in his seat.