12 - most guys aren't like lucas

he's so cute i love him

general pov:

in the morning kiara and jj caffeinate themselves before heading out, it's early- because even though they didn't get to sleep until the early hours of the morning, they want to make sure nobody catches them sneaking out.

'so what's our plan?' jj asks her, tilting his head back in a yawn as she pulls out the driveway.

'well. we obviously need to try track the phone that messaged your dad' kiara starts, 'and neither of us know how to do that so we're going to someone who does.'

'how do we know the phone we're looking for isn't a burner phone tossed in the ocean somewhere?' jj asks.

'we don't.'

she drives into an area the flashes memories through jj's brain in a flurry. 'we're going to jason?' he asks, shocked but he's not too sure why.

'yeah' kie responds, 'he's surprisingly good with technology and shit- i doubt he'll have too much struggle finding something for us'

jj nods some what understandably, but part of him doesn't want to see jason- the last contact jj had with him was the last brown paper parcel of money he received from him, which was accompanied by a note informing jj of his dad's latest fuck-ups, it was friendly enough though neither can say the same about the previous notes. he was angry at jj for leaving but eventually gave up trying to reach him- like everyone else.

when they pull up jason is outside waiting for them, or so jj thinks- maybe she told him they're coming, or maybe he just likes the 7AM sun.

'kiara!' he grins as she gets out of the car. 'lovely to see you'

jj gets out now and jason's grin drops, 'what can i do for you both?' he questions.

'we need to track where this phone has been used' kiara says, digging in her bag for luke's burner phone, 'and anything else you can find on it and maybe the person using it'

'that's a burner phone right? does that mean i'll be tracking another burner?' jason inquires, taking the cheap, brick-like phone in his hands.

'it is. not sure about the other but-' she takes it back, and scrolls down to the "i'll kill you maybank" message and looks to jj- asking permission to show jason it, he nods. 'probably is one considering the type of messages they were planning to send'

jason face clouds over, jj can't tell what emotion he's feeling or what he could possibly be thinking- but he can see its intense. 'this to you or your dad?' jason asks jj, looking at jj.

'my dad' jj replies, gulping slightly as he lets his vision trail elsewhere. he feels emotions threatening to spill over but then sink back down when he feels kiara slip her hand into his, giving his a squeeze.

jason sighs, watching their hands with a quizzical look on his face, 'i was sorry to hear about what happened to him jj' he says, softly and sincerely.

'thanks' jj replies, his voice rash and breathy. in contrary to how upset he sounds, right now he can't think about anything but kiara's thumb softly caressing his hand.