Chapter 8

PETE

"The secret is out." Sandee occupied the vacant seat beside me while a snickering Sixto sat beside his sister. I was having my coffee while waiting for our first class of the day when they arrived.

"What secret?" I ask, not really interested on gossips, but I indulge Sandee.

"That you and Kao are working together."

I frowned, "That was never a secret."

"Well, the whole school did not know about it until last night." I think I have an inkling what's this all about.

"Here." Sandee pass me her phone, I put down my coffee and got the phone from her hand.

And my hunch is correct, her phone is opened on DBU student page, it was a picture from yesterday. Me and Kao discussing in the library with a caption: Spotted. Handsome Heir Pete and our Ray of Sunshine Kao, two of our academic geniuses, meeting at Uni Library. Are they going to drop something soon? Cure for cancer, maybe? Whatever it is, looking at these two gorgeous boys together is already a blessing for all of us.

"They're obviously joking, we're not science major to know anything about creating any kind of drug." I sarcastically say. Giving back the phone to Sandee, I pick up my own phone and started typing a text message.

To: Kao Panuwat
Hi Sunshine.

Before I even had the chance to put my phone down, he replied.

From: Kao Panuwat
Ha ha ha. Very funny, Mr. Handsome Heir Pete.
I'm starting to regret agreeing to help you.

I chuckled, based on his reply he already saw the post.

To: Kao Panuwat
I already paid in full last Saturday, so you can't back out now.
See you later, Sunshine!

I put my phone down after I sent the last message and continued drinking my coffee.

"Pete, are you okay? Are you sick?" Sixto was suddenly in front of me trying to touch my forehead.

"No, what's your problem." I swatted his hands away from my face.

"You were smiling and texting! You hate texting!" Sixto then tried to get my phone, but I was faster than him. Picking up my phone, I slid it to my back pocket. "Who are you talking to? Is it a girl?" He continued to pry.

"No one, stop being nosy."

Sandee then pulled his brother arm to get back to his seat, before turning her head to me giving me a knowing look but stayed silent anyway.

--

I'm walking my way now to Engineering Building, it is just after my last class. Kao said he will start doing the scale figure, well mostly drawing the parts on a cardboard and cutting it to shapes. I'm not going to be a particular help on the drawing task but cutting it out to pieces should be alright.

We agreed to do it on the Engineering student lounge, it will be to messy if we do it on the Library, we will just get kick out by the Librarian.

Stepping inside the student lounge, I look around for that smiley face fair skinned boy. I spotted him near the stairs, with all the things scattered on top of table in front of him. As I make my way to Kao, almost all of the students are looking at me, but I didn't mind any of them.

"Hey." I greeted Kao before sitting down facing him, he was still busy drawing something on one of the cardboards.

"Oh, hey Pete your here." He looks up at me and smiled for a second before going back to what he was doing. "Give me a minute, I'm just about to finish."