Chapter 12

PETE

"You and Kao are close now?" Sixto asked just after we part ways with Kao at the Uni gate.

"We're friends." I answered casually as we are walking our way to Business Ad Building.

"Funny, a few weeks ago you didn't even know who 'Kao' is." Sandee snickered.

"Why does it feel like you both don't believe me?" We are now entering our classroom, heading straight to where we usually sit.

"Because we are the only friends you have?" Sixto pointed out before we all sit down.

"Kao said the same thing." I smiled remembering Kao's confused face that time.

"Well its true, you only do casual acquaintance or business associates." Sandee says as if emphasizing her point.

"Can't I have a new friend?" I look at them, confused. I like Kao, he's chatty but not overly so, no awkward silence whenever I'm with him. He gives honest opinions on things and never sugar coat it like people who just wants to get on my good side. He never treats me as the Handsome Heir Pete, he helped me because I asked, simple as that. It is as if I'm just any other DBU student.

"Of course you can." Sandee exclaimed, "We are just a little surprised that you choose Kao." She continued.

"Kao's nice." I say, still confused why they are making a big deal out of this.

"That's the point. Kao's nice, cheerful and overly friendly. You don't normally associate with those kinds of people and suddenly you're now 'friends'." Sixto lamented, even waving around his hand to stress out what he was saying.

Okay? Huh, I still don't get it.

"You want me to choose between you two and Kao? Are you suddenly being possessive of your position as my friend?" I asked instead, I didn't peg them to be like that, but it was true that the two of them are the only friends I have since middle school.

"Noooo!" They yelled at the same time, Sixto ruffles his hair using his hand while Sandee is massaging her temple, both looking frustrated.

"Fine, whatever. As long as you don't start a fight with the Engineering guys." Sixto finally says after a few moments.

"Don't worry Kao won't let that happen." I confidently say.

"How can you say that? Wait..." Sandee's eyes suddenly bulge out, "Nooo, what did you do Pete?!"

I let out a chuckle at how Sandee look, her already big eyes just went wide.

"Nothing." I don't think I want to tell them about that guy who was suddenly angry at me the one time I went to Engineering building. "Stop pestering me about this, Kao's nice, we are friends that's it."

"You are giving us headache." Sixto nodded his head agreeing to what his sister just said. "Give me that chocolate bar you got from Kao." Sandee demanded, hands extended palms side up waiting for me to give her what she asks for.

"No." I said, my hands went to the pocket where I put the chocolate bar, checking if it's still there.

"What? Why?" Looking more puzzled than annoyed, Sandee asked.

"I don't want to."

The arrival of the professor ended our little argument.

The next day, all three of us stayed at Uni a little late. Sandee ask for my help to read through the first draft of her thesis and so I did, we stayed in the library to do just that, well Sixto just took a nap not wanting to go home first.