Chapter 13

Author's Note:

Seeing your likes and comments on my stories makes me want to just write more, so here is another chapter for the week end.

Hope you enjoy this one!

KAO

"You just need to add one more reference and you're good to go." My thesis advisor says, we are currently at his office, discussing the second draft of my work.

"Really, Professor?" Confirming, this makes me feel so much better. I was stressing about this the whole week. It will eat a lot of my free time if there will be any major changes.

"You did great even on your first draft Kao, believe in yourself more." He gave me an encouraging smile.

"Thank you." I'm just so grateful and happy and can't help expressing it, palms together in front of my chest, I repeatedly bowed my head to show my gratitude.

"No need for that Kao. It's all you, I'm just here as your guide." He then passes me the folder with the last draft I submitted to him. "I have a few notes, nothing critical, your design is already flawless. You can start building your scale model and then we can discuss more after, but I'm already confident that you'll do it perfectly. If you can finish this in a week or two, we can schedule your defense at the end of the month." My professor tells me with a wide smile on his face.

"That's really good to hear, I'll start the scale model immediately." I said enthusiastically, a big smile still plastered on my face. He gave me a few more reminders before I finally excused myself to leave his office.

It really is a good past couple of weeks, if my thesis advisor predicted timeline comes true then I'll be done with my thesis ahead of time. Senior year been treating me well, I'm also been doing great with my exams and quizzes lately.

In addition, the orphanage is getting more donation this year, Papa Ed even mentioned that we may now have a budget to change some of the old rickety beds of the kids.

For work there have been no mishaps. Sam is experimenting new pastry recipes and that's a bonus for we are her test tasters, I've been eating different flavored muffin for the last three days.

The last time that there was a little tension in my life was that night at the bar a few weeks ago with Pete and Lily. Thankfully the two girls saw few of their friends and decided to join there group instead.

Pete and I been hanging out a lot more after that bar incident, I mostly eat with him and the twins during Monday lunch after my shift at Glitzy café.

He now studies at the café or do some of his reports when my shift coincides to any of his free period. This makes Sam so happy, for Mr. Handsome Heir Pete attracts a lot more customers, specially girls, whenever he stays at the café, giving a huge profit for that day to Sam. There was even a time when she offered Pete to no longer pay for his coffee but he politely declined, what she do now instead is to make sure that the table Pete prefers to seat to be vacant at those time he hang around.

It was the corner most table, a little away from most of the café crowd but still directly facing the counter that I would see him easily at any time I glance his way when I'm manning the cash register.

The café having glass walls makes people outside see the customers specially those sitting at the sides and Pete favorite spot is next to the wall, a lot of passerby would suddenly stop and stare at the handsome guy enjoying his midafternoon or late-night coffee.

I don't think Pete notice it or if he does, he just doesn't mind it as long as they don't disturb him. The earphones and the sharp stare whenever a girl even dare to come close stops anyone to even try.