Chapter 24

PETE

From: Kao 💙
Before you hear it from anyone else.
The girl from the café confronted me this morning.
We already talk.
Please don't do anything drastic.

I'm currently having breakfast at my condo unit when I received the messages from Kao that made my eyebrows rise. Should I contact James? I trust Kao but he just too nice and downplays any situation.

I'm planning to talk to the Director of the DBU this afternoon but based on Kao's message he already heard about my plan. Is he planning to persuade me not to do it?

I'm about to take a bite on the sandwich that I made for breakfast when my phone beep again.

From: Kao 💙
Have lunch with me at the Engineering cafeteria?

He is definitely going to talk me into not doing it.

To: Kao 💙

Yeah. I'll see you later.
Take care.

Before I can put down my phone, it ringed, Sandee calling me.

"I already know about it." I say as I answer her call.

I hear her sigh on the other line. "What's your plan now?"

"I'll talk to Kao first." I'm starting to get a headache from this, I massage my temple using my free hand. "This is so frustrating. I'm doing this for him, and that girl deserves it."

"Maybe he does not want people to think that all that will happen because he knows you?" Sandee commented.

"I don't care about what other people say they all can go to hell for all I care. But I don't want him to be angry or upset about it." I paused, maybe I should just go to the Director's office before I meet Kao? He'll probably forgive me, right? But, isn't that also abusing his kindness?

"Ughh, I'm not sure what to do, this is the very first time I can't do something just because of someone else feeling."

"Things you do for love." I hear Sandee chuckling on the other line, as if my predicament amuses her.

But love? Really?

"Tsk. Whatever. I'll see you at school." I ended the call and continued eating my breakfast still musing about what to do next.

I attended my two-hour morning class without going to the Director's office, not really happy about it but maybe I can convince Kao that the girl deserves whatever I'm planning to do.

Entering the Engineering cafeteria with the twins behind me, they invited themselves, I look around and immediately found Kao on one of the tables with James.

"Hey." I sit beside Kao and he immediately pulled the extra plate of food near me.

"Thanks." He got me a spicy pork dish, he got pork too but not the spicy one.

"Oh, sorry." He says when he sees the twin who sits in front of us beside James. "I didn't know you're joining us, I only got food for Pete."

"It's fine." Sixto stands up again and look at his sister. "You want anything in particular?"

"Tom yam sounds good right now. If there's none, just get me whatever you are having." James nodded his head before going straight to the food stalls.

I let Kao finish his food first before asking him what really happened this morning, thankfully there was no video evidence this time, the twins just relayed to me what they heard about it this morning.