Chapter 31

KAO

"Stop whining, I already agreed of you coming with us but going in one car is a no. You have your own car, use it." Pete is talking to Sixto on the phone as he helps me put my things in the back of his car.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm already with Kao, will drive there now." Pete ended the call as I closed the trunk door.

"Stop being harsh to Sixto." I say and he just scoffs that made me giggle, well I guess that's how their friendship works.

"Will drive first to the twins house, Sixto wants to drive convoy to the resort." Pete says after we both got in the car.

"How about some coffee? Let's get some to go at Glitzy." I suggested it would be almost a three-hour long drive to the resort. We will be staying there for four days and three nights, we will just have a relaxing vacation away from school and work, especially for Pete who has slept so little for the past few days to free up his time for this little getaway.

"Get coffee? Or check on the new kid?" Pete raised his eyebrows at me, by the smirk on his face he is not annoyed more like teasing me.

"Pran is really good at making drinks but a little shy in front of customers." I say as I think how timid Pran looks when talking to customers, it's good that it's still school break and only a few customers go to the café, but when the semesters start again it will be jam pack.

"He just needs to show those dimples, and everyone will love him." I added.

"I'm starting to think that Sam hired him because the kid's smile resembles your big bright one." Pete offhandedly says.

"Stop calling him 'the kid', the name is Pran. That's why he is still so awkward around you." What Pete said though is true, he may be very timid but once he is comfortable with you, he will always give you a big smile that shows his cute pair of dimples.

"How about you be the one to order our drink this time?" I suggested, "Please?" I brought out the best puppy eyes I have.

Pete gives me a side glance and "Tsk." telling me of his disapproval of my suggestion.

"It will be good practice for Pran, if he can serve you with no problem, he will be good to go." I explained, hoping he will reconsider.

"Seriously? Kao, it is as if you're saying I'm not a nice customer." I winced at that. Well, how can I say this in a nicer way?

"It's not that, you know that you have a very intimidating aura." I paused and looked at Pete who had a serious face on. "I just think that it will be a good experience for Pran, not everyone will be all smiles like me when placing their order."

"So, I don't smile?" He retorted back, aiii Kao you are in deep sh!t.

"Well, you do smile......at me?" And I released sigh of relief when he chuckled at what I said. "You know, if you do this for me, it can be a factor on my decision." I teased Pete.

"Oiiii, I'm okay with you saying that I'm not a very nice customer but you still using that for blackmail?" Pete glared at me and in response I gave him my big bright smile that I know he likes.

The supposed to be me leaving the orphanage after graduation is moved to the start of internship. There are kids that are under counselling that will be moving and coming in after a few weeks to the orphanage and to free up some space I need to find a new place. Papa Ed did offer that I can just share room with him, but I no longer want to be a burden to him. I already overstayed my welcome at the orphanage.

I actually have decided where to stay, I'm just waiting for the right moment to tell Pete.

"Aisst, stop using your cute face to cover up your little tricks." My smile then turned to a pout and I heard him release a sigh before saying, "Fine, fine. I'll do it."