Chapter 15

Author's note:

Our Polca hearts are full of happiness because of the live yesterday. 💙

Hope you enjoy this chapter. 😊

KAO

Get a grip Kao, why are you suddenly shy? You've seen hundreds of male bodies before, even your own. Okay, admittedly Pete has a very nice one, not skinny or bulky just toned on all the right places and look at those pecks, does he train it?

I never seen Pete do any activities that will make him stay under the sun for so long, but he is just tan all over, no tan lines whatsoever, I think it is just his natural skin color.

Stop Kao, what are you even doing?! This is Pete's fault, why does he have to go out of his room, walking down the stairs with his half naked body on display?

"What are you fidgeting about? I thought you already got over the house?" Pete say as we are walking down the stairs from his bedroom. He did notice, but sorry Pete it's you not the house.

"Pete this is a mansion, not a house." I countered, letting Pete think that the house is what's bothering me.

"Same difference." He answered with a shrug.

I know Pete is rich, his condominium unit where I've been a few times before is a testament to that, from the furniture's in there and the top of the line appliances and kitchen gadgets he owns.

But this mansion, his parents' house well technical his too, where he grew up just screams generational wealth. I'm not any art connoisseur or what but just looking at the paintings hanged on the wall and the vases at every corner, I know they probably cost thousands, hopefully not millions, of dollars.

But all of that is forgotten once we step out of their backyard and I see the big swimming pool they have. I don't know but the idea that I'll be able to swim in it is just making me happy and excited.

"By that big smile on your face, I'm assuming your happy." I nodded without looking at Pete, eyes still in the chlorine filled pool. "There's the shower area." I immediately removed my shirt and put it in one of the lounging chairs at the pool side along with the towel Pete gave me a while ago and head straight to the shower Pete pointed.

I take a quick shower, just to wet my body really and remove some dirt that cling to my body from our trip this morning. Right after that, I applied sunscreen and then did some stretching, the most important thing to do to avoid cramps.

After a few minutes of doing just that, I look at Pete's direction and I was a little startled for he was just watching me silently.

"You're not yet showered?" I ask instead, he's just there standing looking at me, hands holding his towel tightly.

"Later." Is his short reply.

Removing my gaze at him for I was starting to get self-conscious, I went to the edge of the pool and dive straight to the water.

Enveloping my body with the pool water, I started to swim stretching my arms and kicking my legs so I will move forward faster. It has been so long, but muscle memory just took over as I swim freestyle.

After a few laps, I decided to take a break and to check on what's Pete doing.

When I get at the edge of the pool on my fifth lap I got up and I look around to find Pete just sitting at the side of the pool, already wet I'm guessing from the shower. Swimming my way to his side, I get out of the water and flop myself beside him.

"You're not joking when you say you do competitive swimming. You look like a fish in the water." Pete says, feet submerge in the pool, hands on his lap.