Chapter 11

KAO

"Hi, I brought some dessert from the café." I greeted Pete as he opened the door for me. He told me that he already put me on his guest list so I just need to show the security person at the lobby my ID and I can go straight to his unit.

"You know I'm not fund of sweets." Pete says as he got the paper bag on my hand and pulled out the box of macaroons and put it in the fridge.

"Well, if you are going to torture me with your cooking experiments why not get back at you by forcing you to eat desserts." I answered him jokingly, but the truth is I just don't want to come empty handed or should I just have brought coffee?

"Fine, but I'll only eat one." He compromised, and that made my smile just got a little wider.

"I'll have the rest then." I say as I took a sit in front of the counter watching Pete do his magic in the kitchen.

"No, that's like five macaroons Kao. That's too much sugar."

"But it will just go to waste, I can't bring home just a few pieces of macaroons and I'm sure you're not going to eat if I left it here." I pouted, and he just look at me as is contemplating what to say next.

"Okay, I'll have two and you can have the rest." Pete sighed accepting defeat.

"Do you need me to do anything?" I asked as he was transferring the amazing looking chicken wings to the serving plates.

"Just bring this at the table and get the salad I prepared earlier out of the fridge. I'll just get the fries out of the air fryer and then we can start dinner." Standing up, I pick up the two serving plates and do all the instruction he said.

Just after ten minutes we are now sitting in front of the dining table ready to start our meal. As I mentioned before, Pete prepared two types of chicken wings, potato fries and caesar salad.

He invited me for dinner, that is why he called me earlier just before my shift ends, saying that he cooked too much chicken wings and he also needs a second opinion for the new sauce recipe he tried making.

It was free food, who am I to say no, right?

"You can actually be a chef if you suddenly want to change career." Seriously, all the food he made tonight is just heavenly. I think I'm on my eight wings, I was first a little shy eating this many but Pete just encourages me to get more every time.

"Cooking is a hobby, makes me feel calm at times. I don't want it to be one of my headaches if I make it to a career." Pete explains.

"Well, you have a point."

"How about you? Any hobbies?" He questioned back at me.

"Hobbies? Hmm I don't know, is eating a hobby?" I laughed at the end before munching some fries, seriously even the fries taste good. This guy can really do almost everything.

"Kao." Pete famous frown is now painted on his face.

"You are so easily annoyed." Picking up again another fries but before I can put it in my mouth, my eyes meet Pete's impatient one. I put the fries back at my plate before answering Pete.

"I don't really have any hobbies. I read books but only if it really catches my interest. Nowadays I mostly just help at the orphanage or hang out with my friends whenever I have free time."

Pete just continued to look at me as if not believing whatever I was saying.

"Ooooy Pete, why are you making me think. Let's finish eating first." I pouted and he actually laughed at that.