Chapter 10

PETE

Sunday, I'm getting ready to go out while having my morning coffee. The scale model me and Kao finished last night is still at the dining table. I'm not sure where I'll put it, so the dining table it is for the mean time.

I have a scheduled brunch with Dad and Luke at my parents' house, to discuss the proposal we presented a few weeks ago.

It was almost an hour drive from my condo to my parents' and just in time when I park my car, I saw Luke's car pulling off the driveway.

Nana Tess served us some sun-dried tomato and sausage pasta for our brunch. I will no longer bore you with the details but as expected the board like the proposal they just want some changes, thus after brunch Luke and I work on it until late in the afternoon. We invited him for dinner, but he declined saying that he already has plans for the evening.

I then volunteered to cook us some steak for dinner, while Nana Tess made the side dishes of mushed potato and steamed vegetables.

"Mom, you still handle the Phubodin Charities?" I asked as we are halfway through our meal.

"Yes. Why?" She looked at me curiously, while I do support our family charity works, I was never directly involved in it, maybe that's why she looked at me like that.

"Is Azul Orphanage one of our beneficiaries?" I just continued asking not minding her curious gaze.

"No, I think the Lapassalan Charities do have them as one of theirs." It is Sandee and Sixto's family charity organization. Mom then took a bite of the steak and finish it before continuing, "Why are you suddenly interested on this?" She finally asked.

"Someone I know recently is from there." She nodded her head in understanding. "Hmm Mom.." She raised her head and look at me, after a few seconds she gave we a warm smile.

"I'll take care of it, don't worry." I gave her a big smile as a thank you, while Dad just raised an eyebrow looking at us but just stayed silent.

We had coffee on the balcony after dinner, we just chatted and catch up on each other's life happenings with our busy schedules.

It was a little late when we finished so I decided to stay the night, I did bring an extra uniform at my car just in case this would happen so school will not be a problem.

I decided to just continue the revisions to my thesis before going to bed and before I know it, it was already three in the morning. I just brush my teeth remove my clothes and jump to my childhood bed to sleep.

Waking up to my usual alarm, I turned it off and stretched a little until I remembered that I need an hour drive to go to school. I forgot to change my alarm to an earlier time.

I immediately got up and went straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a shower. I was ready to leave in just under twenty minutes. Grabbing a toast from the breakfast table, I kissed my Mom and Nana Tess cheeks to say goodbye. My father was already gone due to some early meeting at the office.

I was planning to stop by Glitzy but as I check my watch, I don't have any time to spare. I then called Sandee to asked if they're going to buy their coffee, thankfully they are, I asked her to also grab me one.

"Two minutes before the time, not bad." Sixto commented as he put my coffee in front of me.

"I slept at my parents and forgot to change my alarm." I briefly explained as our professor was already walking in to start our class.

The next morning, I deliberately drove my way to school earlier, so I have enough time to pass by Glitzy. I was expecting to see Kao at the counter ready to greet every customer that walks in with a big smile, but it was the short haired girl who's serving the customers. I did go back the next morning but still the same girl was behind the counter, I just mechanically ordered my coffee and drive to Uni.