Chapter 27

KAO

"How many did you apply to?" James ask as we are sitting at the Engineering student lounge during one of our breaks.

"I only sent three application and I receive acceptance letter from all of them." I answered James as I read one of the letters that I received from one of the companies I applied for internship for the next semester.

"Well it will be there lose if they turned down the best student of Civil in DBU." I don't think I'm that good, but I shrugged my shoulder as a response.

"I think I'll choose L Builders, but I'll still think it through. We still need to pass our final exam which will be in three weeks." I say as I read the letter from L Builders, the no. 1 builders in the country which is owned by the twins' family.

It will be okay right? L Builders is my goal way before Pete and I happened, I actually just sent out the other applications to other two companies for contingencies.

After the incident with Sylas a few weeks ago, we just stayed at Pete's condo. Thankfully his parents cancelled the planned dinner due to some urgent business flight they have to take.

We didn't really talk about it after that day, even the twins don't mention it whenever we see each other or hang out. We even went out with Safia twice more before her flight back to the states.

"Did you tell the twins that you applied at their family's company?" James asks.

"No. I don't think they're involve with their business yet, unlike Pete who I think can just submit a detailed report of all his done with his parents' business and just use it as his internship hours." I explain.

"Will he do that?" He curiously asks.

"Knowing Pete? No." I answered back honestly. "How about you? Did you receive any response yet?"

"I got accepted in two, B. City Engineers and Red Designs. I'm originally aiming for Red Designs, but B. City Engineers looks promising too." He says as he pulls out his letter in between the pages of the book he was carrying, I just shake my head at his carelessness. Isn't he afraid it will fall out while he is walking?

"We still have until next week to decide." I gather my acceptance letters and keep it inside my bag before picking up my phone and browse my social media account to pass the time.

"Hey Kao, James." Matt, Grace and Lily joined our table after a few minutes.

"Oooh acceptance letter?" Matt exclaimed as he sees James acceptance letter at the table. We nodded our head as response to Matt, "Three of us all got accepted at Black Industries." He proudly announced.

"Ugh. I thought I won't see your face for at least a few months." Lily jokingly rolled her eyes. The three of them are really close, I think if Black Industries will choose to hire them eventually, they will be very happy.

"Enough of that." Grace says and then regarded me and James. "You two are coming on Lily's birthday celebration at the beach this weekend?"

"It's my birthday not yours Grace." Grace stick her tongue out at Lily who just make a face at her best friend before leaning towards me.

"You don't have to bring any presents, just come." Lily says sweetly, that made me back away a little and blink a few times.

Before I can even open my mouth to answer, a hand holding an ice coffee suddenly pass through between us, both me and Lily look at the owner at the same time.

"Coffee?" Pete smiled at me before gesturing Lily to move so he can sit beside me.

"Why do you always arrive when I try to flirt with Kao." Pete just smirk at her before offering me the drink he is holding.