Chapter 23

ACE'S POV

"Ubos na pera ko!"

Thana complained when we got out of the mall. Halfway through section seven, Thana paid for the ice cream they ate because the others had their own money.

"Patay ako nito kay Daddy!" She said and later we heard the sound of a cellphone ringtone that seemed to come from her. "H-hello?"

She signaled to us that she would first talk to the person who called her and then she walked away but she was still close to our place.

"Sino kaya yung kausap ni Thana?" Gab asked next to Kael.

"Mukha 'bang kilala namin?" Ari's sarcastic reply to Gab.

Gab just rolled his eyes at Ari before he approached the ice cream vendor on the other side of the street.

The others said goodbye to me that they were going home. The six were tired from the game earlier and the others still need to practice for the contest. Gray, Gab, Thana and I are the only ones left here.

Gray followed Gab to buy ice cream and Thana was still talking on her phone. I waited a few minutes until I saw them approaching me. Gray and Gab are already eating the ice cream they bought while Thana is approaching me but still facing her phone.

Those two really just ate ice cream earlier and then now ice cream again. Didn't their stomach hurt?

"Nasaan na yung iba?" Thana asked who was in front of me.

"Umuwi na shila." Gab replied while still eating ice cream.

"Tsk!" I heard Thana tsk. "Oh use it, ang amos mo kumain." She handed Gab a handkerchief. "Gamitin mo 'yan, wag mo naring ibalik." She added.

I looked at Gray as he laughed. "Me Chuck? You won't lend me your handkerchief?"

"Ay shuta! Anong chuck?! Hoy ikaw 'yon! Kaya 'wag mo 'kong tawaging chuck! Masusuntok kita d'yan!"

What are they saying?

"What are you saying? And who's chuck?" I asked so they looked at me.

I saw Thana laugh while looking at Gray. "Ano ka ngayon? Haha!"

I looked at Gray. "A-ahh wala 'yon."

"Let's go home, it's getting dark." Thana said then she took her car key from her blazer pocket.

"I'll take Gab to their house." Gray said so I nodded then we went to our car but I didn't get in.

I know Thana hasn't gotten in her car yet and she's also waiting for them to leave first. When Gray's car left I heard the car door open next to me, I saw Thana getting in her car.

She noticed that I was looking at her so she lowered the window to the passenger seat then she waved at me. My hand moved spontaneously and waved at her as well.

When I could no longer look at her car, I got in my car and drove home.

The whole road was quiet because of what time we also ended up touring inside the mall. We also ate dinner there so I'll just go straight to my room when I get home.

"Dade saan ka nanggaling?!" My daughter opened up to me when I entered the house.

"Sa mall lang." I waved my shoes first and then put them in the container.

"Do you have any food?"

"Nope." I saw her pout so I laughed. "Go to your room, I'll just buy you tomorrow."

"Okay." She turned around but I didn't lose her simple smile. "Goodnight Daddy!" She shouted then she hurried up to her room.

My Dad is not here so I am free to do what I want. It's like my daughter and I are the only ones living here in the house and the maids are with us.