New Year, New Faces

Ugh...

You rubbed at your face as you groaned, laying face down on your bed.

You were wearing a set of plaid pajama pants and a grey t-shirt. Nothing too warm, but at least comfortable enough to get used to since you'll be sleeping in a dorm for the next 8 to 9 months.

You stuffed your face into the blanket of your bed, trying to tune out those annoying voices, ones that reminded you of...

School.

You shuddered thinking about it.

To be honest, you didn't hate school in it's entirety.

You just wanted to get away from your parents, work, or any other thing that could bother you.

You pulled out your phone, scrolling through various social media posts.

You were glad Glimmer recommended downloading it.

You, her, and Bow were best friends. Since kindergarten almost!

And that girl had been glowing up.

Big time.

Surprised she doesn't have a boyfriend or girlfriend yet.

You pressed the heart button gently on a group picture memory from a few years back showing up on her feed.

Several of her buddies loved it, and, truth be told, you liked it too.

It was something sweet to look back on before you had to deal with everything angry teachers and parents have to offer.

You turned off the screen, laying it on your dresser.

Your room was basically standard for someone your age.

Dark blue wall paint, shelves beside your bed that connected overhead just a bit.

(Similar to this picture almost, just different colors and items and stuff)

In those shelves, you had a few collectibles here and there, some of which were special trinkets that paid homage to Mara

Mara was a very special person to you.

She was a prominent figure at the school, and to you.

She was one of the main reasons you made it as far as you had.

She was almost like a true mother figure, a far cry from what your real mother is, at least.

...

But one day...

She got sick.

Very sick.

She was in hospital.

...

Your parents wouldn't let you see her to say goodbye...

And you always tried your best to keep her memory alive since then.