Sick Day

The cold air still filled the atmosphere.

...

...

It didn't snow as much, but the wind often picked up, making it feel much colder than not.

...

It was a Saturday.

Early in the morning.

...

...

...

Adora and Y/N had originally made plans with Glimmer and Bow to go to an arcade for the day.

It was going to be super fun.

Adora had tried to text Y/N a little early in the morning, seeing as they were the first to usually get up.

...

...

But they didn't text back.

In fact, it looked like they never saw it.

Some time passed, Adora figuring that perhaps they were just using the spare time to sleep in a little.

Fast forward to maybe eight in the morning.

...

...

Still no word.

...

It was still just on delivered.

...

...

Adora was dressed with a collared long-sleeved shirt underneath, a beige vest over it.

She had jeans on, followed by a pair of black sneakers with white bottoms.

...

She chose to give Y/N a call, having not heard anything, much less have them see the text.

She put her phone to her ear as she fixed her collar. She was in the living room of her home, just relaxing by the couch.

Well, at least a little.

...

She heard it dial.

"Come on, Y/N, pick up," she paced.

...

...

She held it there attentively as she walked in circles, hoping to hear something.

...

Nada.

...

...

She hung up and tried again, only to hear the cursed dial tone ringing.

"Pick up..." she hoped.

...

...

She hung up after thirty seconds, then went to the door, opening it up.

"Mom! Dad! I'm heading out early!"

"Okay hon! Just be careful!" Her mother called.

...

"Bring back a plush!" Adam yelled.

...

She let the door shut on it's own, then started to speedwalk down the concrete, her phone in her pocket.

...

...

All sorts of things were running through her mind.