Connected

...

...

...

--- Adora POV ---

It was early in the morning this Saturday.

...

I would presume about 7AM.

...

Y/N was still slightly snoring away in their bunk, curled up on their side, facing towards the door.

It was kind of funny, actually, seeing them sleep in for the first time since being here.

It's almost... relieving, in a way.

...

They shifted around a little bit, their tiny body under the covers stretching as they sleepily strained, then settled into the comfort of their navy blue pillows.

I was already up and dressed in some warm attire, the fall season making it's approach.

If I remember, it's probably late October, so, it's starting to get a lot cooler.

I was wearing a white turtleneck with khaki-like corduroy pants to go with it.

I set up a small portable speaker and set it on the desk, adjusting the volume so it wouldn't be too loud.

...

When I scrolled through Spotify, pacing back and forth, I just chose to play the current hits.

And I couldn't have gotten a more perfect song.

Levitating by Dua Lipa.

Sweet!

I turned down the speaker to the tune a bit as the song started up.

...

My foot started tapping to the beat, my socks creating muffled thumps.

...

After a few moments, I hummed in tune with the lyrics.

...

"Glitter in the sky... glitter in your eyes, shining just the way bah buh dum..."

"If you feel like you need a bit of company, you met me at the perfect time..."

...

I started to really get into it, not realizing...

"You want me," Y/N had woken up, their voice cutting me off.

I squealed in surprise, my face a crimson as the music suddenly stopped, my phone falling flat to the floor.

...

"I didn't-um-I was just-" I cleared my throat after standing back up, given I had actually fell from the shock.

"Hi..." I strained nervously, trying to lean my elbow on the drawer.

I wasn't doing a good job of trying to save the moment, and I was sure they had noticed.

...

They yawned, stretching out, "What are you doing up? It's Saturday..." they grunted as they moved around.

"Hmm?" I hummed, "Uh... well... I was going to ask-"

"Hey, easy... slow down," they tried to calm me, sitting up as a small blanket curled around them.

...

They fixed the front of their hairline, pushing back some of the risen fringe and spikes at the front.