Electric Bonds

...

...

"Catra?"

...

...

"What? Were you expecting Prince Charming?" She shrugged sarcastically as Y/N still recovered their thoughts.

"No--I-what--First of all--" They tried to answer but were promptly cut off.

"I didn't hit you, did I?" She would unceremoniously deadpan. Did she even care or was this another poke of her sarcasm?

"No. If anything, the sidewalk did. Thank you very much," Y/N muttered under their breath. They weren't exactly mad at her since their adrenaline was still pumping, but Catra had no way of telling.

...

"Okay, sorry for caring, sheesh," The feline stood there in a mild huff.

"You know, maybe I wouldn't be a bit quick to make snippy comments if you weren't trying to ZOOM through at almost a hundred and thirty miles an hour!" They brushed off one of their sleeves, which had some dirt accumulating on it.

Bear in mind that they still were wearing dress-down attire: their lavender hoodie and white and black plaid pants. Shoe-wise, it was just slip-ons.

"Okay, you got me there," Catra put her one hand up, still holding her helmet, which had little cat ears on the sides, by the way.

...

...

"But I'm just trying to check on you. That's it!"

"I'm fine, Catra," They replied with a sigh, a puff of air leaving. It seemed like the last few days were just chalk full of experiences.

"And now that I think about it, where the hell are you trying to go in such a hurry?" Y/N shrugged, trying to understand.

Of course, the feline shrugged in return with a nonchalant tune, "Nowhere in particular. Just wanted to get out."

...

"If anything, why are you out? Aren't you suspended?" Catra would set the helmet down as she went to retrieve her bike, making sure to stay in the bike lane in the process so she wouldn't get hit.

She wheeled it back as Y/N picked up her helmet, explaining as they examined it.

"Suspension doesn't equal an ankle monitor around my foot," They put it on.

"Whoa..."

...

"Pff, you look so stupid wearing that," Catra smirked as she leaned on the bike. She had a heavy black fleece on with a graphic in front, fingerless gloves complementing it. Her outfit would look like anyone's if they were out riding on a day like this.

She had a pair of sweatpants that were just above the ankles, wearing a pair of Vans, so in terms of shoe choice, they wondered how she even managed to pull it off.

"It's my first time wearing a bike helmet," They replied, muffled as they crossed their arms.

"Cat ears don't suit you, dummy," Catra flicked the glass of the helmet, to which Y/N flinched and backed away to her hilarity.

"Gah!"

...

Catra held down a snort as she chuckled under her breath.

"I'd like my helmet back, thank you," Catra offered her hand out in a 'give it back' gesture, and Y/N did so unwillingly.

The feline secured the helmet on the handlebar.