2. Rough Landing

HALF AN HOUR LATER

"ALL PERSONELL. PREPRE FOR DROPSHIP LAUNCH IN T MINUS 10 MINUTES"

Clarke awoke suddenly, even though her mind was still foggy from the cocktail of drugs she'd been given, she could just about come to and get a bearing of her surroundings.

"Sorry but this is my seat." A gruff voice spoke out

The guard who had hauled Clarke from the SkyBox to the dropship hastily replied "Kid, you need to move now so I can sit Griffin down. Wanna see?" He pulls out a device and shows the boy in the seat Clarke's profile, "Seat 67, Clarke Griffin."

"Sorry, it's quite comfortable here. Shame, she would've enjoyed this seat as much as I am."
By this point Clarke had fully awoken, in the murky lighting of the dropship she looked down to see she was stood in front of her seat, number 67, which was occupied by John Murphy of all people. Clarke hadn't seen him since he left school and was then locked up years previously.
Clarke sniggered internally at the thought of Murphy being locked up purely cause he was an ass (the gravity of being sent down to a radioactive planet still hadn't quite hit Clarke yet...), whilst the guard continued to haggle with Murphy for the seat.

"ALL PERSONELL. PREAPRE FOR DROPSHIP LAUNCH IN T MINUS 5 MINUTES"

The guard could've used force on Murphy but surely, why beat up a kid if he's going to get radiation poisoning in less than two hours or so? After it had become blatantly clear Murphy wasn't moving, the guard proceeded to lead Clarke to seat 41, in-between a girl that Clarke didn't recognise, and a boy Clarke knew all too well. Wells Jaha.

"Sir, I can't- I can't sit here" Clarke's eyes fliting to Wells' beaming grin.

"Sit down or you won't make it to the ground." The guard fired back

She cursed under her breath and slumped down, turning to the girl on her left so she didn't have to even look at Wells.
"I'm not gonna lie... but this kinda sucks right" she said with a nervous laugh, unsure of everything that was about to come but still maintaining the positive 'Clarke-attitude' that she was known so well for.

The girl turned to Clarke, her doe-like eyes full of curiosity and fire.
"No offence, you don't wanna talk to me, I don't wanna talk to you, okay?" The tinge of sarcasm and venom in her voice offended Clarke, she was only trying to be nice. The girl then started to wrestle against her restraints, letting out a yell as she struggled.

"BLAKE! DON'T MAKE ME FLOAT YOU" A guard on the deck fired at her. The girl quickly stopped.

Clarke wracked her brain trying to think about where she knew the name 'Blake' from, surely there was a reason this girl's face wasn't familiar to Clarke.

"Are you not the girl tha-" The girl quickly cut Clarke off before she could finish.

"Hid under the floor for sixteen years? Well done, you got it!"
She turned away and started hurling slurs at the guard who was checking everyone's restraints.

Guards were rushing around the ship shouting orders when they started filtering out of the dropship door as an announcement came on the overhead.

"ALL PERSONELL. PREPARE FOR LAUNCH IN T MINUS 1 MINUTE. ALL PERSONELL TO YOUR STATIONS IMMEDIETLY. PREAPRE FOR DOOR CLOSURE"
This was it no turning back. They were going to the ground...

Clarke couldn't think straight. She was saying goodbye to everything she had ever known. Clarke was never really scared, but in this moment, she was terrified.
The dim lights went out, plunging the ship into a sick yellow glow cast from the emergency lighting. Clarke scanned the dark surroundings as her eyes adjusted. Her eyes fixed on the large pile of cargo boxes, all labelled accordingly ('Rations: Protein, Carbohydrates, Liquids') when she noticed a stirring behind the stack.
Probably nothing of course, the mind plays tricks when fear kicks in.
But she noticed a movement again. And as the dropship began detaching from the Ark, a figure fell out from behind the boxes, a mop of messy black hair and a male with a tanned, freckled complexion locked eyes on Clarke.
She hastily looked around to see if anyone else had noticed, but alas, all the other teens were too caught up in their own chaos to have shared that view with Clarke.
When she glanced back, he had retreated back into the shadows.