Chapter 1

Texas
^^^^^

I winced at the pain from the needle pressing on my skin. I was damn near in tears as my best friend, Melby, gave me my very first tattoo.

"How do you own a whole tattoo shop and don't even have a tattoo?" Dezi cracked as she sat behind me. Tizani and Dezi were getting a laugh out of my pain.

"Bitch, you gonna make me mess up. Stop moving." Mel mumbled as she focused on my inner wrist.

"Dezi, I'm gonna fuck you up." I whined as she continued to laugh like a spray bottle.

Melby continued to work on my tattoo as I tried my hardest not to move. I didn't want my first tattoo to be messed up.

"Okay, I'm done." She pulled away and I opened my eyes to see my new tattoo.

It read, Texas. On the inside of my wrist.

"You like it?" Zani held my wrist as she looked down at my arm.

"Hell yeah." I nodded as I heard the door open. Levan stared at me before a smile formed on his face.

"Tatted up. Tatted up." He sang as he roughly grabbed my arm, making me punch him in the arm.

"Bitch, be gentle. Damn." I rolled my eyes as he looked at my arm again.

"Why the hell did you put your own name on your wrist?" He spoke, still staring at my arm intensely.

"That's what I said." Dezi shrugged and I kissed my teeth.

"Because I wanted to. I had no other ideas." I rolled my eyes at their judgement.

"I like it, though." Nelly then came into the room with her backpack on.

"Damn! Everyone wanna be in here. Breathing down my damn neck." I stressed. Everyone laughed at me as they surrounded me to look at the permanent drawing on my skin.

They eventually backed away from me and sat down. We all started talking about our day and whatever. We all had agendas today. All I had planned today was to get this tattoo. We had the tattoo shop closed today so it was the perfect time to get it.

I'm not even sure why I waited so long to get a tattoo. I gave people one almost everyday but I was scared to get one myself. I don't do great with pain so I never intended on getting a tattoo.

We all fell into our little conversations and I was talking to Nelly. Dezi and Tizani we're talking in the corner while Vanny and Mel were flirting.

"Levan and Mel need to be together already." Nelly shook her head at their antics.

"For real." I co-signed.

We all wanted them to be together but we never forced it and just left them alone. I don't even know what they be up to these days.

"How's school?"

"it's okay. I can't wait to graduate." She sighed.

My sister was smart as hell and was graduating a year early. She hated school so she did whatever she could to get out. Plus, she wants to be emancipated.

"It's literally in two months. My baby is all grown up." I smiled and wiped my pretend tears. She laughed at me and laid her head on my shoulder.

"Tex?" She called out to me.

"Yeah?" I knew she was about to ask me for something.

"So, my friend, Tenni, he wants a tattoo. Can I ring him here tomorrow?" She asked nervously. I looked down at her to see her blushing and I tried not to laugh.

"Sure, I don't care. As long as one of you pay." I shrugged.

"Yay!" She clapped.

"You and Ten been off and on for a while now." I rolled my eyes at her and she frowned a little.

"I know. But, we're good now." She assured.

Really and truly, I was the only single one amongst my friends and siblings.

I don't know if it was by choice or if I just don't have a soulmate. I've been played so much, I'd rather have no one than be looking like a fool.

"Mhm." I replied to her, not really believing what she was telling me.

We sat there for a little longer, talking about Ten and school.

"Alright, we out." Dezi and Zani stood up. They've been together since highschool and they were my favorite couple. They never had time for the toxic shit.

"See you. Love you both." I hugged them and they said their good yes before leaving. Melby and I began to look at how the business and it was suffering a little bit.

"We need more employees." She concluded and I nodded in agreement.

"We have too much customers for only 5 employees." I added.

"Put a sign on the window that y'all are hiring. Duh." Vanny spoke up and I rolled my eyes. He always acts like he knows some shit.

"Clearly."

"And put it on the website too." Melby chimed in and I opened my laptop, putting it on the website before I forget.

"I wanna work here." Nelly pouted.

"Yeah, once you get a license." I cut my eye at her. "Anyway, I just put it up on the website so we should be getting applications soon."

"Good, can we go now?" Levan nagged me like a little child.

"So fucking irritating." I muttered. I got my stuff together and Melby took her own car back to our shared penthouse.

Levan and Nelly rode with me.

"Nelly, are you going to Mom's house or mine?" I asked her and I awaited for her answer.

"I just need some clothes." She voiced from the backseat.

"You should just move in with us." Vanny discretely rolled his eyes.

"I'm going to get emancipated." She reminded us all about her plan. She never wanted to intrude or rely on anyone so I guess that's what she wanted to do.

I stopped at my mom's house and Nelly went inside for a moment to get her clothes. I prayed that my mom wouldn't make a scene this time. Nelly came back with a bag in her hand and tears in her eyes. She quickly choked them back when she realized that I noticed.

"Can I go in there?" Van asked when he saw that Nelly's mood has completely changed. He always wanted to handle something with violence.

"Shh." I pulled off and went back to the penthouse.

***

Hi peoplesssss! Another book for y'all💕