Chapter 31

Texas

^^^^^

"You're beautiful. Stop overthinking that shit." Koffi passed me, smacking my ass in the process like he always does. I was staring at myself in the mirror, questioning how this dress was fitting me.

My body was going through mini changes and I was having a hard time adjusting. My breast grew slightly bigger and I gained weight. I've been neglecting the gym and eating junk, and my It was definitely showing. 

We were on our way to Mama Monique's Thanksgiving but of course we were running late. 

I frowned in the mirror, running my hands over my yellow loose dress. It was loose around the legs but tight around the stomach and torso area. Koffi was shirtless and walking around the room as he got ready until he came back behind me.

"You're perfect." He mumbled as leaned down to kiss and suck on my neck. Them butterflies started dancing in my stomach as he snaked his arms around me. He started to pull up my dress and that's when I stopped him.

"Why are you always tryna seduce me, sir?" I turned my head to look at him directly. I couldn't hide the smile on my face and neither could he.

"Sometimes I just want to fuck you." He shrugged, voicing his opinion bluntly. My mouth dropped at his response.

"But, seriously, Babe, stop overthinking that shit. That mirror only gonna pick apart every bit of you. You're gorgeous." He assured me and I smiled. Koffi made me confident and happy with myself. He finished getting ready and now we were ready to go.

As we got situated in the car and pulled out of the driveway, Koffi couldn't seem to keep his hands to himself. His hand was all over my thigh. I didn't have a problem with him touching me but it was making me fall apart.

"You just can't help yourself, huh?" I asked him and his hidden smirk appeared on his face.

"No ma'am." He answered. We went into a comfortable silence as he kept a gentle grip on my thigh as he drove on the highway. "Damn." He spoke out loud.

"What?" I looked over at him.

"I just never thought I'd be in love with anyone, ever. And you out of all people. You're wife material and just everything I ever imagined, Texas. You satisfy me in all ways and show me new things. You help to me to confront my problems and move on from them. I've never had anyone like you in my life. I've never known what it felt like to have a mother who loved me or a dad, either. I've had to identify love for myself and it's hard to do that when you've really never had that yourself. I want you in my life forever, Lo. I mean that. You're my wife. I just love you so-"

"Okay! Damn, Rah, making me cry and shit." I cut him off. He had me tearing up in the passenger seat. He laughed at me as I tried not to mess up my makeup.

"I love you too, babe. You've done a lot for me. I never been in a relationship where I was always being catered for and put at a priority. I've never had dick like-" I spoke but he cut me off like I did to him.

"Alright, Lo. I'm tryna be sentimental and shit. You talkin' about some dick." He scoffed, trying to hold in his laugh.

It only took another 20 minutes to arrive at Ms. Monique's home.

"Mama Monique!" I squealed as I want asked into kitchen, the gracious smell of food hitting my nose.

"Hi, my love!" She's bear hugged me. She was rocking a long wig today. She seemed to be doing well and there were no more signs of any cancer cells. "Dinner's almost ready jus to gon' head and sit outside. Zani and them are out there.

"Hey, Aunty." Kof greeted.

"Hey, nephew. I'm so sorry, I forgot to tell you. Your dad is out there. I invited hi maya since he said he'll be here for a while." She told him and I took a deep breath, preparing myself for this to go left.

"He moved back here?" Koffi furrowed his eyebrows and Monique nodded.

"He said he's staying to be closer to you and Ash. He really wants to rebuild a relationship with the both of you." She advocated.

"Aight, we'll talk later." He told her, giving her one last hug before grabbing my hand so we could go outside.

I raised my eyebrows and my eyes went wide after watching his reaction. He was mad .org bothered by the fact that his dad was here.

As we entered the backyard, everyone surrounded us for hugs and whatnot. Afternoon giving each and every person a hug, Koffi and I split ways and I went to talk to Zani while Koffi surprisingly went by his dad.

"Tizani, I really hope Koffi can be civil today." I exhaled heavily.

"He wouldn't put himself in a position to fuck him up." She shook her head. "He's finally moving passed it." We both smiled at the sight.

"I'm so happy for him."

"Enough of the sappy shit. What the fuck up with Melby?" Zani addressed bluntly.

"I don't even want to talk about that. My lease I started up by February and I'm moving out by then. Even though I'm practically just wasting money, I don't care. I'm not staying there with all that animosity." I expressed and she nodded.

"She's been giving us the cold shoulder and having attitude at work, in front of customers." She informed me and I nodded. This wasn't something I didn't know already.

"How's the clothing boutique going with Vanny?" I changed the subject.

"We're so close, Texas. We'e us to putting the last finishing touches on it and we're opening next month. What about Kappuccino?" She asked.

"We're opening on Friday. We're real boss bitches, huh?" I smiled to myself.

"Indeed."

Koffi

^^^^

"Thanks for being open to seeing me again, son. And I didn't move here. I'm staying here for how long it takes to mend our relationship. You mean a lot to me and I love you." He spoke seriously.

We'd been kicking it and just talking about work and my life. I damn near surprised myself when I went to talk to him. I didn't think I was willing to try and work it out but I am. My dad I said pretty cool when he's not drinking and shit.

"I love you too, Pops." I cracked a smile. Lo then came over to us and sat beside me.

"Texas, right?" My dad approached.

"Yes, sir." She nodded. He reached out to shake her hand and she shook it gently. He stared at her intently before speaking again.

"You remind me of an old friend." He told her.

"Really? What their name?" She's asked, intrigued now.

"Warren is his name. I haven't seen him in years." He responded and he mouth dropped slightly.

"I'm sorry, his name was Warren Daniels?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah, how would you know him?"

"That's my dad." She claimed him for once. 

For the rest of the night, they spent talking about Texas' dad and how my dad gave her dad the idea to name her Monique. She was really excited and though it was such a coincidence that our dads were friends back in the day.