Chapter 2

Texas
^^^^^

I danced around my bathroom as Miguel's - Quickie played on my loud speaker. I woke up in a great mood so I decided to make a breakfast before I hopped in the shower. I was now getting myself ready.

I decided against putting on makeup and laid my edges before putting lip gloss and sliding my glasses on my face.

I had my outfit laid out on my bed and I thought it was cute. It was blue ripped jeans and a black v-neck shirt. I had to jump in my jeans in order to get them on, which  was always a task. I put on my silver watch and my sterling silver infinity necklace, along with the matching ring I had with it.

I double-checked myself in the mirror before walking out my room and into the kitchen where Mel and Levan were.

"Good morning." I smiled widely.

"Morning." They both spoke in unison. I assumed Nelly was already at school.

I made myself coffee and a toasted bagel before getting ready to leave. Levan finished up his breakfast and we headed out.

"Why you looking like that?" Levan looked over to me as I drove. I didn't even realize I was smiling.

"I don't know. I'm just in a good mood." I shrugged as I put on Pressure by Ari Lennox.

We arrived at Texas Tats and Melby came soon after.  I went inside and put my things in my office before coming back to the front and opening everything up.

I got my license when I was 20 and bought this place when I was 21. Everyone always told me that I was a business woman. So, I decided to use that to my advantage.

Levan begged me to let him work here so I had to get him his license last year and he starting working here almost a year ago.

Melby, Tizani, and Dezi were my best friends and my very first employees. They helped me build my business and I am forever grateful.

Dezi and Zani came in tiredly and I smiled at them.

"Good morning, friends." I hugged them both.

"Get off me." Zani dragged. These niggas are always so tired in the morning.

They went to put their stuff away and I stood behind the desk, waiting for Tizani.

"I have someone coming in to get a tattoo done so I can't be at the front desk." Zani informed me and I nodded.

"Well, I'm free until 2, so you're good." I told her and she nodded. I was hoping and praying for a new tattoo artist to just walk in today.

Soon enough, Zani's client came in and she went into one of the rooms. I was handling everything at the front desk as Dezi, Vanny, Mel, and Zani were all handling their clients.

Everyone please busy and it was empty at the front. I took a seat and scrolled through my phone. I was too deep into my phone that I didn't realize someone had come in.

"Hello?" I looked up to see a man waving in my face.

"Sorry," I mumbled. "How can I help you?"

"I came to get a tattoo done." He spoke in a 'duh' tone.

"Okay, sir. Do you have an appointment?" I shot back. His attitude was not needed.

"Nah, I just figured I'd come to check out this new spot." He shrugged.

"Well, let me see... The rest of my tattoo artists are busy so I can do it for you, if that's okay with you." I read through the schedule.

My next client was at 2 and it was now 11. I had time and no one else was expected to come in. Hopefully, he was our only surprise person for today.

"That's cool." He shrugged. He followed me to my own room with my tools in it. The room was right next to my office and it was my favorite place to be.

He sat down on the navy bed and I sat down in the swivel chair next to him.

"What would you like?" I asked him and he pulled out his phone. He showed me a picture of a dragon on someone's chest.

"Okay. Perfect." I nodded as I studied the picture.

"You think it'll look good?" He asked for assurance.

"Yeah, it'll be sexy." I told him truthfully. He took off his  shirt and exposed his chiseled abs. I could stare at his bare chest all day.

I sketched the picture onto his chest. I thought it looked really good on him.

"Is this what you want?" I asked as he looked into the mirror.

"That's exactly what I want." He nodded and sat beck on the bed.

After an hour and a half, I finished up the tattoo. I wrapped his tattoo and I got caught up staring at his chest.

"Am I free to go?" He interrupted the silence, making me come out of my trance.

"Yeah, that'll be 650." I told him as he put his shirt on and I walked back to the front.

"What's your name?" He asked me as he payed.

"Texas. Yours?"

"Oh, shit. You own this?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yup." I smiled.

"That's wassup. Koffi." He introduced himself as he smiled down at me. Zani came around the corner with her client and her eyes lit up when she saw Koffi.

"Hey, cuz." She hugged him.

Huh?

"Zani, this is your cousin?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Well, I'll see y'all later. I have somewhere to be." He gave me a soft smile before hugging Zani again.

"You never told me about your cousin." I mumbled.

"You like him or something?" She eyed me.

"No, Zani. I just met him 10 seconds ago." I rolled my eyes.

Koffi was fine as hell. But, I don't even know him. I'd probably never see him again. I can't be love struck over every nigga I see.