Chapter 30

Texas

^^^^^

Koffi has taken us back to his place to let me cool off but I was still upset. Who does he think he is, coming to my mother's funeral, trying to make it seem like everything was okay.

I know Nelly was probably confused on what was happening because she never met our dad. He left when my mom was pregnant with Nelly. I wasn't just angry. I was disappointed and confused on why he decided to show up now. When no one stepped up to take care of me and my siblings, I did it myself. So why does he think any of us need him now? 

Once we got to his house, I stormed into the kitchen and poured myself a large glass of wine, and chugging it  down it immediately.

"You wanna talk about it?" Rah followed into the kitchen after me.

"Nope." I answered shortly.

"Seriously?" He raised an eyebrow and I nodded, going on with my stubbornness. I poured myself more wine.

"Then I'm gonna talk." He spoke sternly, making me raise my eyebrows. "Throughout our relationship, I feel like I have tried my best to be open and vulnerable with you. I let you in, Lo. And you've made me comfortable enough to do so. But, when it comes to you sharing your feelings and being vulnerable, you can't do that with me. And I don't want to force you to talk to me about what's wrong. I just want you to talk to me. Express yourself, mama."

I stayed quiet, still refusing to talk about anything that has been happening to me. I just wanted to forget any of this shit ever happened.

 "Do I make you uncomfortable? Is that's why you won't talk to me?" He asked as he furrowed his eyebrows. I walked over to him and instinctively picked me up and put me on the counter so we'd be at eye level. He leaned in and put each arm on either side of me.

"No, baby, no. That's not it. I promise. I'm having a hard time processing all this shit that's happening to me at once. Tenni's in a coma, my mom is dead, my so-called best friend isn't talking to me, I've been having nightmares, and now my dad decided to show up out of nowhere. I've never really had to grieve. Any time a family member died, they were old and lived far away so I didn't know them anyway. The time where I needed my best friend the most, she's not willing to even talk to me. I haven't had any nightmares lately which is good. And I just keep praying that Tenni wakes up soon. On top of that, fuck that nigga who says he's my dad."

"You know I love you so much? I love you more than you know and if I could put all this pain on me, I would. And I'm yo fuckin' best friend. Fuck all them." He smiled cockily, making me laugh. He leaned slowly and planted a passionate kiss on my lips.

"I love you too, munchkin." I told him as my eyes filled up with tears. It felt good to get all that shit off my chest.

"Whatchu crying for?" He cracked a smiled as he wiped my tears.

"Thank you for being patient with me." I buried my face in his chest as I hugged him tightly. 

"Anything for my lady. What you gonna do about your dad, though?"

"Nothing, He don't exist to me." I shrugged it off and he told tooted his lips.

"What did you tell me about confronting my dad when he called me?" He reminded me and I rolled my eyes.

"We can talk about that later but I wanna lay down with you." I changed the subject and he nodded.

------

"Bae, you think I should get a tattoo on my thigh?" I asked Rah. We were now laying in the bed and after cuddling for an hour and a half, and taking a nap, we were now on opposite sides of the bed.

"Yeah, that would be sexy on you. You got them big ass thighs so it would work." He told me and I smiled to myself.

"Okay, what about butterflies on my back?" I was really just scrolling through the pictures I had saved on my phone for tattoo ideas.

"Mm, the picture you showed me where it go from your ass to your back. Fuck yes." He turned around to slap my ass and then turned back.

"Weird ass." I commented.

"Huh? What was that?" He smirked and stood up on the bed, getting ready to fuck with me.

"I didn't even say anything." I lied, flinching as he tried to start tickling me. I fought back of course but that didn't last long. He grabbed my hand so and pinned me down to the bed.

"Whatchu goin' say now?" He taunted and I stuck my tongue out in his face. My phone started ringing so he let me go. I saw it was Zani calling so I answered.

"Hey, sweet love." She smiled into the camera.

"Hi, pumpkin." I gave her the same energy she was giving.

"So, my mama wanted to invite you and Ezra to Thanksgiving at her house. And Mel not finna be there so don't worry." She informed me and I nodded.

"Alright, we'll be there." 

We talked for a little while before she hung up on me for some unknown reason.

"Bae, I want a tattoo on my abs." Koffi spoke up. "That shit would be fire ain't it?"

"I guess, baby." I laughed. "You always tryna be like me."

"Ain't nobody wanna be like your funky ass."