Chapter 24

Y'all don't be mad at me...😭

Texas
^^^^^

Two days later.

I watched as my mom tore up everything in the house. She claimed we took her drugs or 'white candy' from her. 

"Where the fuck is it?!" She yelled at the three of us. I didn't respond to her crazy accusations. We were backed up into a corner and I could hear Nelly sobbing behind me. Lavan held onto me tightly. There was tears running down my face too but I stayed quiet. 

She punched the wall and threw a mug right above where we sat in the corner. 

"You guys are fucking worthless!" She yelled before kicking the table that wasn't far from us. It tipped over, falling in our direction. I heard screams and yelps from behind me as it fell on top of us.

I jumped out of my sleep, trying to catch my breath. My face was wet from the real tears that I was crying on accident. I hadn't had a nightmare like that in a while. I always had these nightmares but I hadn't had one for almost 3 years. Even though they were nightmares, most of them were memories from my short-lived childhood. 

I quickly wiped off the tears on my face and sat up in my bed.

"What the fuck?" I muttered.

I wasn't even triggered at the moment.  The last interaction I had with my mom was rough but it happened A little over a month ago. Yeah, it had affected me but it was a while ago and I was over it.

Right?

I turned on the shower and undressed myself to hop in. I stepped into the shower and my mind eased when I felt the hot water hit my skin. Flashbacks of the other night came to me suddenly. 

Him wrapping his large hand around my neck, choking me in the process. His hands touching all over my body. He played with my hair and massaged my scalp. He massaged my breasts too and  cleaned me up.The only problem that I had with that was we didn't even have sex. He didn't even eat me out. That's exactly what I was expecting but he didn't give me what I wanted. Yet, that felt like the most intimate I've ever been with anyone, emotionally. It felt like he relieved me of stress. I was just completely relaxed and loved.

I hopped out the shower and realized that it was only 4am. I didn't notice that the sun wasn't out. I put back on my robe and went back.

--------

"Hey, girl." I greeted Ash as I sat down at the table. We decided to meet up at Starbucks and I was slightly late but Ash didn't mind.

"Hey, love." She smiled widely and stood up to hug me. I returned both the hug and smile before we both sat down.

"How you been?" I asked her, knowing all that has been going on.

"I'm hanging in there, Texas. I don't really want to talk about the bullshit that's been going on. But, it is difficult and something is up with Latrell. He's been distant lately and it's affecting me badly because I need that comfort from him. What if he's cheating on me?" She started, rambling on.

"Wait, what? Latrell is literally in love with you. We all watch him kiss your ass and bow down to you." I joked and she laughed. "You just need to keep that communication with him. Ask him what's going on and whatever. Express to him that you need him to be there and you feel like he's not."

"You always make my problems so much easier." She's looked down at her laptop.

"No worries. What you working on?" 

"The new Kaffeine logo. It's gonna be the same but with the nail salon it's gonna look a lil different so I'm designing it." She explained shortly.

"Oh okay. This nail salon has me all excited."

"Mhm, Koffi said he's gonna come up with a new name instead of the 'New Kaffeine'. I'm sick of y'all calling it that anyway." She rolled her eyes jokingly.

"Kaffeine and salon?" I suggested and she shook her head instantly.

"No ma'am. It has to be creative." She laughed at my attempt.

"Well, excuse me." I rolled my eyes playfully. 

Ash and actually met up to discuss the design for the nail salon section. I was technically in charge of most of the nail salon. I wanted the theme to match everything else but still have a different vibe to it. I wanted marble floors with light pink walls with a turquoise accent wall. 

"Alright, I think we're good." Ash closed her laptop.

"I'm so excited for this." I expressed with a wide smiles and she returned the gesture.

"I gotta get home but I'll text you later, okay?" She told me and I nodded. We shared a hug before we both left and I went back home.

I relaxed when I went back home and watched reruns of Martin. I was low key scared to go to sleep because I didn't want to have another nightmare but I was fighting sleep right about now. My sleep was cut short earlier and I was running on about 4 hours of sleep.

I eventually dozed off into a light sleep. I was terrified of having another dream like that.