Chapter 8

Texas
^^^^^

I finally arrived at my shop after getting back my car. I was beyond drunk and high last night. I was having so much fun with Koffi that work was the last of my worries.

I walked into my shop and Melby looked at me with shame and I almost laughed.

"That date had to be good, huh?" She had her arms crossed and all her weight shifted onto one leg.

"It's a very long story." I waved her off as I went into my office. She followed me, obviously wanted to hear the story.

"Well, tell me." She urged.

"I'll tell you when everyone is here so I am don't have to keep telling the story." I reasoned and she reluctantly agreed.

I had a few people coming in today to get a tattoo done but it was kinda slow. It was short day for Nelly so she'd be here around 1:30 and it was now 1.

I waited for Nelly and when she finally came, Tenni was right behind her.

"Hey, Tex." She waved to me and ai waved back.

"Hey, Nelly. Hey, Ten." I acknowledged them both.

"Hey, are you still able to do my tattoo?" Ten asked me and I nodded.

Ten and I needed to have a long chat and we both knew that. Nelly stayed in my office to do her homework so we went into my tattoo room.

"What do you want?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"Surprise me." I raised my eyebrows at his response.

"Okay."

I decided put Nelly on the inside of his bicep.

"So..." I trailed off. "Nelly told me you were coming to get the tattoo almost a week ago. What happened?"

"Shit, I got busy." He shrugged it off.

"Busy with what?" I pressed.

"Work."

"Ten, we all know your line of work." I rolled my eyes.

Everyone knows what Ten does which is sell drugs. I've told him long time to get out of that shit because he'll either end up in jail or dead.

"You need to stop that shit. Like yesterday. I don't want you around my sister if you gonna put her in danger. You know you could always have a job here and I know someone who'd let you work at their spot too. Either you leave your drug dealer shit or you stay away from my sister."

"Wait, what's the other place that I could work at?" He was now interested.

"It's called Kaffeine Hair. You could be at the front desk." I informed him.

I obviously didn't run this by Koffi but I'm sure he wouldn't mind. I needed Ten to get out the game. Nelly loved him with all her heart and I don't want him putting her in danger. So, if this was the only way to get him to stop being a drug dealer, then so be it.

I knew he never wanted to work here because it just simply wasn't his thing so maybe this was.

"Bet." My tensed up chest released as I heard his words.

"Good. I'll text you about the details later. But, Tenni, you have to stop your drug shit. Please." I begged him.

"You can't put my sister in danger."

"Okay, Tex. I promise." He told me seriously. I finished up his tattoo and showed him what it was.

"Texasssss." He dragged as he saw Nelly on his arm. He started laughing and I did too. He couldn't take his eyes off of it. He has many many tattoos but he seemed to admire this one.

"Let me show her." He walked out the room and into the office where Nelly was doing her homework.

"Look." I told her and she looked up at Ten who had his arm positioned to show her what the tattoo was.

"What. The. Fuck." Nelly held his arm and I couldn't stop laughing. Call me childish but it was funny to me.

"Texas, why would you do that?" She was trying to hold in her laugh, which made me laugh even harder.

"He told me to surprise him, so I did. Doesn't it look good?" I teased. Ten doesn't even care. He loves Nelly and they're attached by the hip so this tattoo would never be a problem.

Ten sat down beside Nelly and Melby, Dezi, and Tizani came in.

"Spill tea." They all sat down, waiting for me to tell the story.

"Fine. So, last night I went out to the bar and my date was like crazy. At first, he was just plain corny but then he called me a cocky bitch and wanted to start some shit. Plot twist, though, Koffi came in to save me. We ended up drinking and getting high. That was my night." I told the story quickly. Tizani had the biggest smile on her face and so did Mel.

"So, instead of spending your night with Crazy Date, you spent it with Koffi?" Zani asked for confirmation.

"Yes." I confirmed and they squealed. "But, it was nothing like that. We just hung out." I clarified and they slanted their lips at me, clearly not believing me.

"Did y'all get drunk and nasty?" Mel joked and they all laughed, except me.

I really don't think Koffi was into me like that. We were just two people who happened to hang out on a Friday Night.