Chapter 14

Koffi

^^^^

"Koffi, I don't wanna go home." Texas complained to me from the passenger seat.

"Well, where do you want to go?" I asked and she shrugged slightly.

"Your place." She concluded.

"Really?" I side-eyed her and she nodded eagerly. She played with her fingers and her legs danced insignificantly.

"Yeah, I haven't been to your place yet and I wanna see it. And we're like best friends now. I wanna see what you decor looks like. Your home better be clean too. That's a dealbreaker, Kof..." She rambled. I thought it was cute how she rambled. It was something she tends to do but she tried not to because she was insecure about it but now that she was drunk she wouldn't stop talking.

"Hey, Koffi?" Texas grabbed my attention.

"Yes, mama?" I responded.

"What's your middle name?"

"Ezra." I answered. "What's yours?"

"I like that. All biblical and shit. I'm gonna call you that from now on. Koffi Ezra Somar, it has a nice ring to it. Mine is Lopie Monique."

"Texas Lopie Monique Daniels." I spoke her full name. "It's pretty. But, what the hell is a Lopie?" I asked her and we both cracked up.

"I think it was my great-grandma's name and my grandma told my mom to name me that. My dad named me Monique." 

"Hm, why?"

"He said that his friend gave him that name because it meant something special but I don't remember. I need to find the paper of what my whole name means. I know I have it somewhere. My dad wrote for me and to always remember the power in my name. That's probably the one thing he ever did for me." She explained.

"My aunt's name is Monique." I told her.

"You mean Mama Mo?" She turned to me. "You keep forgetting that I know your family." She pointed aimlessly.

"Yeah, I do." I chuckled lightly. "Do you mind if I call you Lopie, or Lo?"

"Nope, it sounds cute. What do people usually call you?"

"Kof or Rah, because of my middle name. Usually Ash or my family calls me nicknames or my close friends."

"So, I'm a close friend?" She smirked a little.

"Yes, ma'am." I nodded as I parked the car in front of my condo.

"Good." She was about to open the door but I knew she was gonna fall flat on her ass with her drunk self.

"Stay here. I'm coming to get you." I told her before so I got out the car. However, the passenger door still swung open and Texas walked a few steps before falling on the sidewalk.

"What I tell you? You really don't listen." I mumbled as I picked her up off the ground and carried her into the lobby. Luckily, the lobby was empty accept for the guy at the front desk who was sleeping. I clicked the button for elevator and it came in about 10 seconds. 

I think Texas was asleep by now because I could feel saliva on my shirt, indicating that she was drooling on me. But, I didn't mind. As I made it to my apartment, I heard light snores come from her. I unlocked my front door and took her to my bedroom. I laid her on my bed and tapped her lightly.

"Mmm." She whined.

"Mama, take off your dress and put this on." I handed her a big shirt.

"You do it." She smirked. 

"Yup, it's definitely time for bed." I muttered and she pouted. I undressed her and put her in the big shirt. 

"My feet are cold." She complained. I looked in my drawer for some socks. I found a pair of black Nike socks that went above her ankles.

"Aight, goodnight." I told her.

"Noooo. please, Kof." She pleaded.

"You gon' chill out?" I asked her and she nodded. "You wanna watch a movie or some shit?"

"Mhm." She's leaned up off the bed and followed me to then living room. I sat on the couch and turned on The Princess and The Frog because Texas begged me to. I sat in the middle of the couch as she leaned on the arm of the couch beside me.

We were about 30 minutes into the movie when she scoots closer to me and sits on my lap, turning away from the movie. Blocking my site, I look up at her and rests her arms on my shoulders.

"I'll be you third partner." She announced and a smile came across my face.

I placed my hands on her thighs, ignoring the fact that I could feel her sitting directly on my member. 

Lord have mercy.

"Thank you, mama."

She leaned down and bit my neck softly. I closed My eyes for a moment before I stopped her. As much as I'd love to show her what I can do, I'd do it when she can give consent; and when she can remember it.

"Lo, you're drunk." I picked her up slowly and carried her back to my room. She told me how sexy and attractive I was, and how much she wanted me. The shit I already knew. I laid her on her back and covered her with my blanket and she was almost instantly knocked out.

I went back to the living room, where I'd be sleeping for the night. I continued to watch the movie but all I could think about was Texas. She was beyond beautiful, but it wasn't just her looks or her body. It was her personality and her energy. It was her determination and work ethic that drew me to her. She has this selfless way about her and the need to take care of her loved ones.

I was hesitating because this felt so soon. I've never felt this way about someone, let alone so soon. And now, we were gonna be business partners. Things are gonna be different and I'm not 100% sure that I should try with her. I know she's gonna be busy with her shop answer i wouldn't want to be a distraction.

But at the same time, I'd be damned if someone got her before I did. There's not many women like her and I couldn't risk that.

"God, give me guidance." I spoke to myself. I decided to sleep on it.