Chapter 34

Texas
^^^^^

A month and a half later.

Today I'd been stomach sick and had migraines since I woke up. I didn't go to work once again because of how I was feeling.

I threw up at least twice and Koffi had gone to work so I was all by myself.

I decided to call Ash for some company. Our friendship has gotten stronger over the months. Since we work together and I'm seeing her every day, it would be hard not to build a friendship with her. She's also my boyfriend's sister. It was also comforting to know she was there for me when I needed it. She didn't judge me or anything. I needed that after Mel and I decided to break off our friendship of nine years.

"Hey, Ms. Lady. What's up?" She smiled.

"I'm sick as fuck. Come over." I told her and she laughed.

"Alright. I just got to finish some stuff and I'll be over." She then told me before we ended the call.

In about 30 minutes, I heard knocks at my door. I sluggishly mustered up the energy to go open the door.

When I opened it, Ash just looked at me with one eyebrow raised.

"You know, you've been getting morning sick a lot lately." She stated as if she was trying to imply something else.

"I guess." I shrugged her off.

"And you know pregnant women are usually the ones who get morning sickness." She added.

In the back of my mind, I knew for sure I was pregnant. Koffi and I barely use protection and there have been many accidents. I just didn't want it to be my reality.

Clearly, I've never been pregnant before and I don't know what I'm doing. Plus, I'd have to talk this over with Koffi and there would be a lot to discuss. So I pretended like it just wasn't happening.

Duh.

"You need to take a pregnancy test. Like right now." She told me.

"I'm too sick to go anywhere." I made an excuse.

"Today's your lucky day. I bought some before coming here." She laughed when I rolled my eyes hard at her.

"Thats that pregnancy attitude." She adds. Ash handed me the box of pregnancy tests. I took them and went into the bathroom to pee on them.

After about five minutes of waiting, I flip both of them over and that solidified what I already knew.

I was with fetus.

Now that I knew for sure, this became even more real. I did know if it was the pregnancy hormones already or if I was just emotional. I started to have a breakdown. I lost my balanced so I ended up crying and sobbing on the floor. Ash doesn't say anything to me but I hear her start talking.

"Come get Texas. She got something she needs to tell you." She says and I know she talking to her brother.

I wish he hadn't said anything and let e breathe first. But I guess she thought this was an urgent matter. I've been stalling for a reason.

Koffi was literally here in no time. He was a little panicked when he saw me on the floor so I tried to calm down so that he would calm down.

"What's wrong, baby?" He sat on the floor with me.

"Baby." Is all I can utter at the moment.

He stares at me for a good minute.

"You're pregnant." He concludes.

"How the hell did you know?" I sniffed. He hadn't seen the tests yet and Ash had given us privacy.

"I should've known. You all sick and shit damn near every day. Your cheeks getting fatter. On your face as your ass." He observes.

I stay quiet because I don't really know what to say. This was a scary experience of mine.

"So why are you crying?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm scared," I admitted to him.

"You do want it...right?" He asked me with hope in his eyes. I hadn't even thought about that either.

To carry Koffi's baby is a blessing and I may be scared but im not going to run away from my responsibilities as a future mommy.

Future mommy. Wow.

"Of course," I answered and he let out a sigh in relief.

"We're gonna do this together. We're a team." He grabs a hold of my hand.

"I love you." I put my forehead against his.

"I love you too. And new baby." He smiled and kissed my lips.