Chapter 5

Koffi
^^^^
The next day.

"So, you're telling me you'd never date her?" Latrell asked me as he passed me the blunt.

"Right! She's literally so pretty and independent. She has her own business and is like the perfect girl for you, K." Ash butted in.

She hasn't stopped talking about Texas since yesterday. Ash ran into her while I was doing her hair and was so star struck over her. Texas is no damn celebrity.

"And you fired Xaviah over her. Not even me and I've complained about her all the time.." Ashlynne kept going.

Xaviah at the front desk got fired because she wanted to disrespect Texas. She's been trying to get with me from the jump and I never wanted her thot ass. She's even given Ash a hard time. So I just fired her.

"It's not that I wouldn't date her. I just don't really care to." I shrugged it off as I passed the blunt back.

I wasn't really into all of the dating shit.

"Texas is bad as fuck, though." Ashlynne pouted.

"I can agree." Trell took a pull from the blunt. I chuckled a little as they went back and forth about Texas.

They were right. Texas was without flaw. But, I don't even know her like that and she probably has no interest in me. We're barely even friends.

"And she's super down to Earth." Ash added.

I started to tune them out as they continued to meddle in my dating life. 

"Okay, but what if there was an actual connection." Trell brought up.

"Then, I don't know. When was the last time y'all saw me with a girl?"

"Like highschool." Latrell answered and I nodded.

"Exactly because all these girls aren't for me. All they want is a moment thing. Not a forever or at least long-term thing. I don't need another person like that in my life. Too many people have left me already." I clarified.

"Okay, but don't let her get away because a girl like Texas is hard to find and once someone sees that, she's snatched into someone's bed." Ashlynne advised me and I laughed.

They came down on me hard about how I should be with Texas and that she was the one for me. Blah. Blah. Blah.

They acted like some damn psychics.

"Noted."

Texas
^^^^^

I sat outside the restaurant, waiting for my date. I honestly didn't even remember his name.

He told me he was running a little late so I waited outside. There was a small bench at the outside of the bar, which was where I was sitting. I looked down at my purple dress and my heels, loving the way I looked.

My date was already 20 minutes late but he said it was traffic. I waited another 10 minutes before I figured that he just wasnt coming. I got up to walk back to my car when he walked up to me.

I had to think of his name quickly.

Dave? Darron? Darius.

"Hi, Darius." I smiled small, hoping I said the right name.

"Hello, Ms. Texas." He smiled widely.

Whew.

"I apologize for being late. The traffic was atrocious."

"Thank you for the apology. Let's head inside." I smiled. He cocked his head to the side in confusion before we walked into the bar. He held the door for me as I walked in. We sat at the bar stools and he ordered us wings and fries. He wanted to get me a drink but I'd be driving myself home so I opted out for a Coke.

He started telling me dad jokes and that's when it went downhill.

"How do you organize a space party?" He asked and I shrugged, waiting on the punchline.

"You planet." He started snorting at his own joke

Just Cornyyyy.

This time I didn't laugh at his stupid ass joke. He caught on and stopped laughing.

"I have a question for you." He stated.

"Okay." I nodded my head.

"I apologized to you and you said thank you like some cocky bitch. Why didn't you say 'it's okay' because it really wasn't my fault."

I know this nigga did not.

"First of all, please slow the fuck down. I'm not a cocky bitch. You were late to a date that you asked me out on.  So, I deserved an apology. You apologized and why would I say 'it's okay' when it was never okay?"

I have too much respect for myself to sit and listen to this bullshit.

"Bitch-"

Lord, give me the strength before I break this nigga's jaw.

"Is there a problem, my nigga?" I hear a deep familiar voice, making look up to see Koffi.

"Nah, man." Darius chuckled a little without taking his eyes off me.

"Actually, yes there is. You're disrespecting me and I'd like to be alone." I spoke up for myself.

"Good, so what you're gonna do is leave. I'm not gonna tell you again." Koffi stepped in.

"Texas, you know this nigga?" Darius scoffed. I just stared at his dumbass. He just kept embarrassing himself.

"Yup, we go way back. It's best that you leave before I put a hole between your eyes." He spoke seriously.

"Just leave." I told him and he scoffed, finally leaving.

This was my night.