Chapter 7

Koffi
^^^^

I rubbed my eyes slowly as I woke up. I looked around, seeing that I was still in my car. I was way too high last night to make it home after I dropped off Texas. So, I stayed parked outside of her penthouse. Plus, I needed to take her back to get her car so I'd just wait until she woke up and came outside. I didn't have her number either so that made communication was difficult.

I checked my phone and had a few messages from Trell and Ashlynne. I then checked the time and it was 10am. I was supposed to open up at 8am but I guess Ashlynne figured it out.

I called her to make sure she was good.

"Koffi." She answered on the first ring.

"Ashlynne." I shot back.

"Where have you been?" I could hear the worry in her voice.

"I was out last night and I got high and drunk so I slept in my car. Is everything good?" I elucidated.

"I mean, yeah. I got it. Just send me a text next time, damn."

"Aight. I'll probably be there around 1." I let her know.

"What else are you gonna do?"

"See now, Ash, you're in my business. I'll talk to you later, though. Love you." I hung up before she could question me even more.

I decided to get out the car and go inside. I really didn't have all day to wait on Texas.

I knocked on the door to her penthouse. I had to help her into her penthouse last night because she was really out of it.

I awaited for the door to open but it never did so I knocked again. After a moment, the door opened and Texas came into view. She had her hair down and was wearing a big t-shirt that came right under her knees.

"Koffi?" She squinted her eyes.

"Yeah, we need to go get your car."

"Oh." Was all she said before she walked back into her home. I followed her inside, closing the front door behind me.

"I feel so nauseous." She told me. I sighed, going into her kitchen to get orange juice but she had none.

"Do you have tea?" I asked her and she hummed, telling me yes. I made her green tea and sat it down on the coffee table as I sat next to her.

"Did you put sugar in it?" She look at me with a disgusted face after she took a sip.

"Yes, I did."

"You didn't put enough. It tastes disgusting." She complained.

"I really don't care, though. It's gonna make you feel better so drink it." I told her and she rolled her eyes hard.

She stretched out her legs and spread them on my lap. I rubbed her legs as she finished her tea.

"I'm gonna go take a shower." She spoke before she disappeared into her room. I sat there for a good 5 minutes before I got bored.

I walked in the hallway, seeing picture frames on the walls. I looked at one picture with Texas and a man next to her and another girl on the other side of her. They all looked alike so I assumed that they were related. There were some pictures of Zani and Dezi and then one other girl that I saw at the tattoo shop.

Texas came out her room and saw me looking at the pictures. She walked over to me and looked at the photos too.

"I never knew you and Zani were cousins." She stated.

"Yeah, My sister and I lived on the other side of the country so we barely saw each other."

"Oh."

"Who's that?" I pointed to a picture.

"That's my brother, Levan, and my sister, Nelly." Texas explained.

"What about her?" I pointed to a picture with Texas and another girl.

"That's my best friend, Melby." She admired the photos. "Anyway, let's go. I have to be at work at 2."

"Aight." We got to my car and she got into the passenger seat as I sat in the drivers' seat before pulling out of the parking lot.

I drove is back to the bar we were at last night. The bar wasn't even open yet because it opens late so there was only like two cars parked.

I turned into the parking space next to her car and put the car in park.

"Thank you, sir." Texas smiled at me.

"No problem. Before you go, put your number in my phone." I passed her my phone and she grinned, showing her white teeth.

She is so damn beautiful.

"Here." She gave me my phone back. Her contact name was 'Tex💗'

"I'll see you later?" I asked as she got ready to get out my car.

"Call me." Was all she said before getting into her car and driving off.