09 | Bro

Anna's POV:

Jasmine and I were walking towards Dad's cabin when I spotted Sid working. Before I could react, Jasmine suddenly screamed. What was going on now?

Jaz(shouted): OMG!

She looked towards Sid and rushed towards him, hugging him tightly. What the heck? Why was she hugging my Sid? Mine since when.. whatever..

Sid's POV:

I arrived at the office in the morning as usual. Dada and I were chatting casually when I remembered some important work. After attending it, I returned to my desk to continue working. Suddenly, I heard someone scream. I turned to see what was happening, but before I could figure it out, a girl came running towards me and hugged me tightly. I was taken aback, unable to see her face clearly due to the suddenness of the gesture. However, her touch felt oddly familiar. Lost in my thoughts, I noticed my Anna... I mean Anna, standing at a distance. Oh God, what was she doing here? My cheeks heated up, remembering yesterday's incident. By the way, she looked so beautiful today, but why did she seem angry? Then, I remembered the girl still hugging me. I quickly extricated myself from her embrace, and when I saw her face, I was shocked and happy at the same time.

Jaz(happily): How are you, Sid? I haven't seen you in so many days.

Sid(happily): I'm fine, Jasmine. How about you? You went abroad and never came back to see me.

I said the last line with a grumpy expression, and Jasmine cutely held her ears, apologizing. Meanwhile, Anna, who was already burning with jealousy for some reason she couldn't fathom, approached them with a fake smile.

Anna: Sid..

Sid(blushing): Um, yeah?

Anna(frowning): Jaz, do you know him?

Said Anna, while Jasmine's eyes widened

Sid: Wait, who's Jaz?

Anna: Um, I mean Jasmine... Do you know him?

Anna quickly clarified, changing the topic.

Jaz: Uh, well..

Sid(interrupting): Jasmine, do you know her?

Jaz: Um, yeah, well..

Anna(interrupting): How do you know him?

Jaz: Uh, well..

Sid (interrupting): Yeah, how do you know her?

Jasmine was so irritated by now that she shouted at them.

Jaz: Will you let me speak, idiots?

Sidnna: Okay, okay, calm down, sisso!

They both said at the same time, looking at each other in shock.

Sidnna(in unison): What?!

Jaz: Yes, Anna, Sid is like my brother, and Sid, she's my soul sister, my best friend!

Anna: But Bro, you never told me about Sid!

Jaz: Oh, remember I mentioned my cousin sister's brother in law, who is my childhood friend from India before coming to Malaysia? Well, Sid is that person!

I don't know why, but when Jasmine said that Sid was like her brother, I felt a sense of relief, though I couldn't explain why. While I was lost in thought, Jasmine asked me...

Jaz: By the way, bro, how do you know Sid?

Anna: We met yesterday at Dad's mansion!

I smirked while looking at Sid, who avoided eye contact. Suddenly, it struck me that I owed Sid an apology. So, I said...

Anna: Bye, Sid. I'll catch up with you later.

Saying this, I quickly dragged Jaz away before anyone could say anything. When we finally reached Dad's cabin, Jaz said..

EOC!

────────────

So Jan already knows Sid, what do you think will happen next?

Vote & comment your views!

Words: 575

────────────

Love y'all <3

your author
-ak.

xoxo