31 | Unfolding secrets

It was around 11 p.m., yet no one had slept or eaten anything. How could they even think of eating? Ak's underworld connections were strong, and within minutes she learned that 'he' was behind all this, and Kaiya had been involved from the beginning. They even knew Ak's real identity, putting not just her life but also Sid's and his family's in danger. Ak had been a nightmare for many, but she never intended to hurt Sid. Now, all she could think about was how to save his family.

────────────

Sid sat on the balcony of his room, tears still streaming down his face as he stared at the stars, reminiscing about the moments he had shared with Abhinavi. He cursed himself for the trouble they were in now, blaming himself for their predicament.

Suddenly, the door opened, revealing Rishabh. Sid's calm expression turned annoyed as he noticed the black-masked girl standing behind him. He didn't even spare her a glance, and continued to stare at the stars. However, when he heard a familiar voice calling his name, he turned abruptly. "To ab mera besta meri taraf dekhega bhi nahi?" The voice was instantly recognizable, and Sid gasped in shock before embracing her tightly. She hugged him back, patting his back lightly. "Jasmine, Jasmine, Jasmine.. you don't know how much I needed you right now," he said, breaking the hug and holding her shoulders. "But wait—how did you get here, and why were you wearing that black mask?" he asked, thoroughly confused.

"I-" Jasmine began, but Sid cut her off, demanding answers. She snapped back at him, insisting he let her speak. Quietening down, Sid obediently listened as she explained.

────────────

Now, they were all gathered on the couch, along with Liam and Aria, as Jasmine began to reveal past secrets..

Ten years ago..

They lived in Delhi. Sid's parents and Jasmine's mother died in what appeared to be an accident, but it was actually a planned murder. Sid's parents and Jasmine's mother were connected to the underworld, not for illegal activities, but to protect their country. When the person behind the planned bombings discovered they were a hindrance to his plans, he mercilessly killed them, along with Sid's Parents, Jasmine's mother and other innocent people. Jasmine's father managed to save Jasmine before the incident, and they fled to Malaysia along with Anna.

The room fell into a deep silence as Sid struggled to digest the shocking revelation. Another tear fell from his eyes as he processed the information. "So, we've been connected to the underworld since birth, and I have been blaming Anna for this," he muttered, his voice choked with emotion. "If that's how our parents died, what about Anna 's parents? And what happened to Rishabh's parents? They were never seen again after.. after that incident. Were they also connected to all of this?" he asked, his voice trembling with uncertainty.

EOC!

────────────

With many secrets slowly coming to light, are you excited to uncover Anna's past now?

Vote and Comment your reviews:)

Words: 514

────────────

Love y'all <3

your author 
— ak.

xoxo